suggestions needed:hbb for 9yo that does not require vehicle support

D&L's-mommy

my ds is 9yo (4'4", 72lbs), but he has a short torso (only about 17") he still fits height wise in a vivo and tb, but it feels cramped in the hips. DH's car does not have head rests so we still need an hbb (plus DS feels more secure). I'd really prefer it have latch too because DH doesn't think it's necessary to buckle an unoccupied booster. DS only rides in this car for the 10 minute ride to school each day, so it doesn't need to be overly padded. any suggestions? I'm thinking parkway sgl maybe? budget isn't really an issue, though I'd like to stay under $150

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
my ds is 9yo (4'4", 72lbs), but he has a short torso (only about 17") he still fits height wise in a vivo and tb, but it feels cramped in the hips. DH's car does not have head rests so we still need an hbb (plus DS feels more secure). I'd really prefer it have latch too because DH doesn't think it's necessary to buckle an unoccupied booster. DS only rides in this car for the 10 minute ride to school each day, so it doesn't need to be overly padded. any suggestions? I'm thinking parkway sgl maybe? budget isn't really an issue, though I'd like to stay under $150

First, kudos to you for keeping your ds in a booster! Too many parents take kdis out of boosters too soon, I love that you haven't done that! :)

LATCHable boosters, there are not a huge list of them. They include:

Graco Affix
Diono Monterey
Clek Oobr
Britax Parkway SGL
First Years Pathway B570

The Recaro Probooster I believe is making one LATCHable, hadn't come out yet I don't think. (One of my Recaro-lovin' colleagues will be along to confirm/deny that I'm sure!)

Monterey requires a headrest. Oobr is way out of your budget.

I went looking to see which of these is wider here:

http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Parkway 9.5 in. at back / 12 in between armrests
First Years 12 in
Graco Affix has no data yet

The Turbobooster is 11 in wide

Hope that helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC