Question Suggestions needed for easy loading car seat

U

Unregistered

We are ready to move to a convertible car seat for my 10 month old (29 in, 23 lbs.). I have a 2012 Ford Escape and a 2007 Ford Explorer. We will be buying 2 seats so we won't be moving it between vehicles.

My husband and I bought the Nextfit, but have a very difficult time getting her in the seat without nearly hitting her head and then getting over the side to strap her in. I'm looking for recommendations for a seat that has low sides for easy loading/unloading. Not really interested in Diono. Other suggestions?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hi! I hear ya on that NextFit...so cozy and surrounding, but oy, the loading! Not so bad in a minivan, which you don't have, lol.
I am a big fan of the Graco 4Ever (Babies R Us) or Milestone (Target), as they have such nice low sides for loading. Also the Britax Marathon is fairly low profile. Do you live near a Babies R Us? Or even some of the Toys R Us's have seats, you can try them in your car before you buy one and see if it works better.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC