Question Shoulder pads on cabriofix

newyorkDOC

Are they a safety feature? If so, what can I do to prevent them from falling off the harness when not in use? (I would love to sew some sort of ribbon on them and thread them like the pads on the TWE.) I just lost one and am really annoyed that it's going to cost me like 20GBP to replace. I literally just bought this new cover set and these pads are totally slippery (color is black reflection... I didn't have this problem with my chilli pepper cover).

ADS

finn

I really hope they aren't a safety feature because I took mine off as soon as I started using the seat, they always fell off! Then when i put them back on, one promptly fell off & i lost it! What colour do you need? I have 1 lone red one, I would be happy to send to you :)

Are the TWE ones a safety feature, because I took them off as well lol

newyorkDOC

Black as its the only color amazon.co.uk sold as a replacement cover. For some reason maxi cosi doesn't sell replacement covers in Italy. Thanks for the offer though :)

I guess I will msg MC on FB and ask. If its not a safety issue I'll just forego replacing it bc paying 1/3 of the price of a new cover just for the shoulder pad is ridiculous.

No idea on the TWE. I left mine on but I actually do find the connecting harness annoying bc it makes them impossible to pull back up into place. On a 5-pt belt I don't see the point of attaching them together since they can't fall off!

newyorkDOC

This is what they replied:

Hi Tiffany,

The harness pads, particularly on the CabrioFix, are important for comfort for the child. From a safety point of view, if you're missing a harness pad and you're involved in an accident it may cause the harness to leave friction burn marks or bruising without the harness pads in place. We strongly recommend harness pads are in place for optimum comfort and safety.

You can replace the harness pads without having to get an entire new fabric set as they are available to purchase via your local retailer or direct from the customer service department on 01284 413 141 Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30. The harness pads come in plain black only so would go well with your new Black Reflection fabric set. RRP is £10 for the set (it is a set of three) and if ordered direct there would be £3.99 p+p additional.

Hope this helps 😃

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC