Question Should we move to high back booster?

tabitha551

Hello everyone,

My daughter is will be 5 next month. She is 48 lbs. and 46 inches tall. She has less than two pounds before she outgrows the harness on her Maestro. I'm having a really hard time deciding whether to buy a new seat that will harness longer or remove the straps from her current seat.

Any suggestions? I've been driving myself nuts.

ADS

mom2ari

You could try her out in booster mode to see how she does, but IMHO many kids her age aren't ready for full time boostering.

My oldest turned 6 the first week of May and I feel like she is just now starting to be mature enough to sit properly in a booster. (She got it for Christmas last year, so just a little over 5.5 at the time) Before now she was slouchy, and reached for things all over the place and I just didn't feel good about her being in a booster. My DD is still harnessed most of the time, but 8 months has made a big difference in how mature she is and how well she sits.

Anyway, you could always try it out to see how she does and if all goes well great, if not back to a harness she goes until she is a bit older and a bit more mature.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
You're probably going to need a new seat anyhow, sorry. The Maestro is a very short booster and will be outgrown fairly quickly. Since you will likely have to buy *something* in the near future, I'd buy a combination harness-to-booster seat. I prefer to see 4yos and new 5yos harnessed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC