shocking RF 3 across with 2 Swedish seats & some questions

Leche Mami

I needed to transport two extra kids today and wasn't sure if it would be possible with our big Swedish seats in our Volvo XC90. However, I had a MT on the driver's side then a Britax Boulevard (from 2006), then a Britax FixWay. All rear facing. It was like stair steps with the Multi-Tech being the lowest, the Boulevard sitting just over the top and then the FixWay sitting just over the top of the Boulevard. All were independently installed. The only thing was I didn't have a rear-facing tether for the Boulevard in the center. I assume they can't share even with a Swedish seat. Does anyone know? Our XC90 has two lower anchor points on the rails of both outboard seats to accommodate Swedish RF tethers. Also, with Swedish seats, both tethers need to be used, right? Even if it could be shared, the tether would have been going down at an angle. Is that okay? Would that be okay with just one seat installed in the center position?

I put the fourth child in a FF TrueFit in the third row with one of the back seats down so I could load that child through the hatch and climb in next to her to buckle her in. I'm sure there are much better scenarios with skinnier seats. I was just pleased that this worked with such wide seats!

ADS

Adventuredad

- Both tether straps need to be used with the Swedish seats

- If ussing three RF seats across anchor points will be shared. This is ok as long as it's a solid point. Forces on the tehter straps are overall quite low.

- Angle of the straps is not really relevant. Both of the straps don't have to be symmetrical

I have found XC 90 to be very versatile regading car seats. I've fitted four Swedish RF seats and two high back booster seats in my XC90 without any issues. Maxi Cosi Mobi, Multi Tech, 2 Hi-Way and 2 Britax Adventure:D

Leche Mami

- Both tether straps need to be used with the Swedish seats

- If ussing three RF seats across anchor points will be shared. This is ok as long as it's a solid point. Forces on the tehter straps are overall quite low.

- Angle of the straps is not really relevant. Both of the straps don't have to be symmetrical

I have found XC 90 to be very versatile regading car seats. I've fitted four Swedish RF seats and two high back booster seats in my XC90 without any issues. Maxi Cosi Mobi, Multi Tech, 2 Hi-Way and 2 Britax Adventure:D

Thanks! Care to share the configuration? And how you used and accessed the back row? I'm guessing RF in front passenger, 2 in middle row, one in back row and boosters in middle and back? You or your wife are also quite brave to venture out alone with 6 kids

Adventuredad

This setup is not something I would use every day but it works. I use it at times when I bring my kids and borrow a few extra kids for playdates etc.

Mobi in front seat with deactivated airbag. Perfect fit. Multi Tech and Hi-Way in the second row. (Two Duologic seats also work great, I then install with Isofix). Britax Adventure in second row middle. It also works well with the booster seat on the side since access to third row then is easier.

Hi-Way and Britax Adventure on third row. Hi-Way is compact so it fits fine. Access to third row is ok and works. Could be better:) Luggage space is not good when using all seven seats so we use a Thule roof box if we make long trips.

Three across in second row also work but I think it's more complicated to enter/exit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC