Seat(s) for 2011+ Jeep Grand Cherokee

amr40509

I want to thank you all again for your help last time I was looking at car seats.

You helped me choose a Britax Blvd. 70 for my wife's '11 Honda Ody., a Radian XTSL for my '06 Pathfinder, and a Onside Air for the babysitter's '11 Honda Ody. My wife''s Ody. was just in a minor accident last week and I ordered a Radian RXT to replace her Birtax this morning, as our son seems more comfortable in my Radian XTSL than her Britax anyways.

Now I'm looking to replace the Pathfinder, and want to go back to the car seat brain trust.

I'm looking at new Yukons and Jeep Grand Cherokees. I know the Yukon will be fine with 2 car seats (we have one child now, 15months old, but are thinking about having another in the near future), but does anyone have any experience with the current Jeep Grand Cherokees?

Any seats that do or don't fit well?

Our 15 month old son is 33" tall and 25lbs.

ADS

T4K

I'm not sure what qualities you are looking for in a vehicle but car seats are awesome in my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. :)

T4K

Oh shucks.

I don't think the JGCs are as good with seats. You'll obviously have tons of room in the Yukon. The 3rd row of the Yukon is really small.

Ford Expeditions have awesome towing and a really good third row. Tons of leg room.

jennlana

When we were car shopping, we looked at a Jeep Grand Cherokee (don't remember what year). My Britax Boulevard would not fit FF because the headrest in the car was at a forward angle. The headrests would have to be removed and it wasn't possible without getting some strange tools involved. The mechanics were not able to do it.

We didn't try it RF so I'm not sure how much room there would be. We ended up getting an Expedition and it has lots of space. I am able to fit three carseats across the middle row (three latches and two tethers). The third row also has enough room for three carseats.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

I have a '12 Durango, which is similar to the JGC. I have three children and have sucessfully installed a rear and forward facing Radian (with and without an angle adjuster for rear facing), a rear and forward facing Britax Roundabout 55, a rear facing Evenflo Triumph 65, and a rear facing Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 5-70 without any problems. The classic versions of the Britax seats (white or tan base) do not forward face in the new Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles that have the fixed head rests. The newer generation Britax seats (black base) forward face just fine.
In my Durango I am able to fit three car seats in my 2nd row so space for two seats is certainly not an issue.
We have a trailer that we need to pull, but did not want to spend the money on a Tahoe or Suburban, so we chose the Durango because of it's towing capacity, which I believe is the same as the JGC.
Hopefully this helps you a little bit with the JGC or maybe it will persuade you to throw the Durango in there as a contender ;)

Here is a link to some photos of the seats I mentioned above installed in my Durango to give you an idea of what they might look like in the JGC:
https://picasaweb.google.com/112512933158651100595/CarSeatStuff#

jennlana

I have a '12 Durango, which is similar to the JGC. I have three children and have sucessfully installed a rear and forward facing Radian (with and without an angle adjuster for rear facing), a rear and forward facing Britax Roundabout 55, a rear facing Evenflo Triumph 65, and a rear facing Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 5-70 without any problems. The classic versions of the Britax seats (white or tan base) do not forward face in the new Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles that have the fixed head rests. The newer generation Britax seats (black base) forward face just fine.
In my Durango I am able to fit three car seats in my 2nd row so space for two seats is certainly not an issue.
We have a trailer that we need to pull, but did not want to spend the money on a Tahoe or Suburban, so we chose the Durango because of it's towing capacity, which I believe is the same as the JGC.
Hopefully this helps you a little bit with the JGC or maybe it will persuade you to throw the Durango in there as a contender ;)

Here is a link to some photos of the seats I mentioned above installed in my Durango to give you an idea of what they might look like in the JGC:
https://picasaweb.google.com/112512933158651100595/CarSeatStuff#

Oh good! It wasn't just us!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC