Scenera Next with Sureride?

cottonpenny

I have 2 kids, DS is 3.5 yo and DD is 9 months old. Both average size.

We have been using the Sureride as a travel/grandparent seat for DS. DD is almost outgrown her infant seat now (28.5 inches), and need another convertible for her for travel/grandparents/spare seat.

Was thinking of a second Sureride so it would be easy for the grandparents. But grandparents will sometimes need to fit someone in the back with the two seats, so wondering if the Scenera Next would be a better bet since it's a bit narrower, I think. Plus, it's a bit cheaper, though seems like I could do the BRU trade in and get the Sureride for $75.

Does anyone know how a RF Scenera Next would puzzle with a FF Sureride? Or, how a FF and RF Sureride puzzle?

The grandparents' car is a brand new Outback.

ADS

Cnidaria

One thing that I do know is that the SureRide takes up a lot of space front to back when RFing, because it only has one recline line. The Scenera NEXT is allowed to be installed more upright than its recline line for kids that have good head control.

Will you be able to test-install the SureRide in their vehicle RFing before you decide?

The SureRide in general puzzles well with other seats because of its rounded-over sides, but I'm not sure about it and the Scenera NEXT specifically.

Another one to consider is the Safety 1st Guide 65. It can be kind of fiddly to install RFing and tends to need a pool noodle or rolled towel, but it is compact front to back for >22 lbs and it will have utility as a FFing seat down the road whereas the Scenera NEXT is really a rear-facing-only seat. If you think your older child could be in a booster in this situation by the time the younger one outgrows the Scenera (now I can't remember how old your older one is), you could pass down the SureRide and the Scenera would work great.

cottonpenny

Thanks! Yes, I think DS will be able to go to a booster by the time DD has outgrown the Scenera. Actually, if the Scenera is 40"/40 lbs, DS could technically still fit RF. So assuming DD follows suit, she would be able to get ~3 years of use out of it. And he'd be 6.5 then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC