S1st Easy Fit vs Evenflo Maestro

D

DBohnet

Greetings everyone!

Ok, I'm looking at possibly acquiring a second carseat/booster that's airplane friendly. So far the two I'm looking at are the Evenflo Maestro and the Safety 1st Easy Fit 65. They are both approx the same price, depending where you look. The two big factors I see is that the Maestro turns into a booster but the Easy Fit has a pretty small footprint and looks like it will fit just about anywhere.

I've seen lots on here about the Maestro around here but I haven't seen anything about the Easy Fit. Search is coming up with tons of unrelated stuff because it's just seeing key words "easy" & "fit" and not the full phrase. I'm leaning towards the maestro because it's a booster, but from the reviews I've seen on here it looks like it never really get's to be a boster before it's outgrown.

My biggest concern is that the planes I'm on the most are small puddle jumpers (it's just a small 1 1/2 hr long flight) and SeatGuru says the seats are only about 18 inches wide. So I need something small, BUT.. my daughter takes after her daddy and is almost off the growth charts, TALL and stocky. She's currently 37 inches tall and 36 lbs. At the rate she's growing I wouldn't be suprised if she hit 40 lbs by the end of the year. So all the really small seats are out of the question.

My other problem is that I do need it fairly light. It's just me and her traveling and I have to be able to wrestle it into the plane almost one handed. Last time I flew a friend of mine loaned me her spare evenflo (not sure what style) and while it was ok going through the airport the planes were so narrow I had to lift it over the seats to carry it onto the plane.

So would it be worth it to get the Maestro even though it seems pretty useless as a booster or should I opt for the smaller Easy Fit for an easier time on the plane? Or does anyone have a better suggestion that I could try?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC