Question RF convertible seat for 2 DR Jeep Wrangler?

U

Unregistered

Looking for a convertible seat on a budget...bought a Radian for my Ford Edge which will be used 95% of the time but need a second seat for our 2 door Jeep Wrangler. Will only be used occasionally and will be removed when not in use, so easy installation and fit are important. Our baby is 11 mo, 28" and 17.5 lbs, so petite and will be RF for a long time. We live on an Alaskan island, so seat will be mail ordered and we don't have any options for checking them out locally. Thanks!

ADS

Jeni-GAcpst

Hi and welcome!
So you're looking for something super compact and easy to install.
I don't have any personal experience with installing seats in a wrangler, but I know the seats are decently sloped which ca make car seats sit more upright.

The most compact front to back seat I can think of is the Graco Size4Me, aka MySize70 - and has a clone called the Headwise. It takes up about 26" front to back and has a nice bubble level indicator so you know what the recline is. The seat base makes me think it would be compatible with sloped vehicle seats. It's been super easy to install in the vehicles I've tried.

I've also heard the Evenflo SureRide and TrueFit are great options.

I'll bump this back to the top for you and hope someone has more personal experience to share :)

soph's mom

Did you post about an 01 wrangler? If so I answered your other post... It not ill help where I can...

What year is the wrangler? If it has the keyed airbag switch technically you can put the child up front to get more room but I still don't trust that key... Do you need use of the passenger seat? I.e do two adults regularly ride in the jeep? If so could one ride in the back behind the driver?

Very few seats fit rf in the wrangler rear seat... I can try a radian w an angle adjuster but if you can answer the other questions first that will help...

agave

My dad has a 2005 Unlimited 2 door it has extra cargo space I don't know if it has more passenger space. I drove it for 3 weeks with a RF Roundabout 50.

soph's mom

If she has a standard 2 door the unlimited would have a few extra inches and depending on the year it may have room too. The newer body styles are a little bigger too. The roundabout probably is a good option tho.

I have an expired roundabout that would give us a bit of an idea if it would fit the older style. :)

U

Unregistered

Sorry for the delay. It's a 2003 wrangler, regular length. I doubt they've changed much since 01 so I will search for that thread! Most likely the only time baby will ride in the Jeep is when we plan on going offroad, so we would need use of both front seats. i hadnt considered putting it up front (if indeed it has the airbag switch...hubby's jeep and i never ride in it). is this as safe as riding in the back, as long as the air bag is off? Thanks for the input.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC