Returning maestro... new recs for 4.5 yr old?

paintedbison

Okay, we tried DS in the maestro again. He can't do any of the buckles. My 7 year old can't do them either. It takes me three tries to get the bottom buckle to latch. I just don't think I want to have to mess with repeatedly trying to buckle him in when he will be in the back of our minivan. At least with our current seats, my oldest can unbuckle everyone when we get somewhere so I don't have to stand outside in the cold and do it.

So, I originally wanted the britax frontier. DH wanted something cheaper. Any cheaper options besides the frontier? He's 35 lbs. We can pass the seat down to the younger sister. There don't seem to be that many forward facing only options. Are there convertibles I should consider?

We don't want a nautilus, my ride, or maestro.

ADS

cookie123

Actually, Matthew was able to do up and undo the Secure Kid 400. I'm not sure if it has the same buckle as the Maestro.

What are SpongeBobs top slots again?

YinzerMama

What is Spongebob?

I'd do Frontier as my top pick, Argos (more comfortable headrest than nauti IMO), then Nauti... but new buckle on Nauti/Argos is kind of evil so your youngest might not be able to unbuckle. Frontier is more comfy and will likely never be outgrown LOL.

eta wait you said no nauti and you're the one who said the nauti had a hard spot... see if the argos has the same spot? still argos is close in price to a fr85 if you find a deal so i don't know if it's really worth it.

eta again ok sponge bob is actually ... sponge bob. i thought it was a nickname.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC