Replace seats??

nataliem257

Please excuse typos I'm on my phone. I was just in an accident. I was hit pretty hard from behind. Two seats were in the car unoccupied, a frontier 85 and a blvd. The crash meets all the minor crash criteria, I'm not injured other than some wicked whiplash, seats look fine, car is drivable. I ask because the impact was pretty extreme. Person in front of me slammed on their brakes so I did as well, I stopped and the person behind me never saw me and nailed me going about 30. The damage to my car isn't too bad (well done mazda!) but her car is having to be towed away which is what's making me nervous. She was driving a Buick sedan and the entire front end is crushed in. Thoughts?

ADS

Pixels

My car could be driven, her car could not. Is one of the criteria both cars be driveable?

The criteria is your car is driveable.

It's just sore, I have a headache, I wasn't planning on seeking treatment. Does that still count?

Soreness indicates an injury. You wouldn't be sore if your body wasn't damaged.

I suggest that you at least get your injury documented. If it needs no treatment and you're fine, then great. But whiplash can lead to life-long problems with headaches etc, so it would be good to get it documented now just in case.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Also, whiplash can take a while to kick in. A lot of times people don't start feeling sore until a few hours after the crash, so if you're sore already, it could get worse. (From your post it sounded like this JUST happened, so ignore me if it has already been a while.)

nataliem257

Also, whiplash can take a while to kick in. A lot of times people don't start feeling sore until a few hours after the crash, so if you're sore already, it could get worse. (From your post it sounded like this JUST happened, so ignore me if it has already been a while.)
It did just happen. I did mention it to the officer and he put it in the report, and i also mentioned it when I filed the insurance claim. I thought I would give it a couple of days and then see a doctor if it was still sore. So what's the consensus, is whiplash an injury? Would you replace the seats?

wavegal

Yes I would replace the seats, the insurance will cover them. You are injured which makes it not a minor accident and therefore doesn't meet the criteria for a minor accident which Britax goes by

nataliem257

Yes I would replace the seats, the insurance will cover them. You are injured which makes it not a minor accident and therefore doesn't meet the criteria for a minor accident which Britax goes by

Just spoke with britax and they said that I do not need to replace, even with the whiplash. Which makes me very happy because if I would have had to retire my 85 there might have been some tears shed. Thanks everyone!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC