Question Recaro Proride!

• Thread starter LTXAwaitingApproval
  • Start date
L

LTXAwaitingApproval

Hello, After wrestling with the registration system.. Finally got it figured out but awaiting for approval..

Anyways I currently have some ToysRUs Carseat/Stroller system and after my daughter hitting her 1st year (last week) she seems to big for it.. Ive been looking into the Proride/Prosport but decided to go Proride and I'm wondering is there anywhere i can buy this in black a little cheaper than the market.. Not trying to cheap out but i need to buy 2..

Thanks

ADS

djma

Unfortunately, Recaro seats can be pricey. Have you checked Albee Baby?

Oh, and please double check your current seats weight requirements. If your baby has truly outgrown it, you need to get new seats asap. :)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Is there something in particular that you really love about the ProRide? It's a nice seat, but there are other seats that do more for less money.

The Graco MyRide, Evenflo Triumph or Momentum, First Years True Fit, Britax Marathon or Boulevard, Diono Radian, Safety 1st Complete Air or Maxi Cosi Pria are great convertible seats. Most are below the price of the ProRide and will rear face for longer.

Just as an aside, the ProSport is a forward facing only seat, so it wouldn't be appropriate for your one year old. Kids need to remain rear facing until a minimum of 2 years old, better more like 3-4 years old to allow their spine to mature to a point where it can handle the force of a crash.

skylinphoto

Recaro seats generally offer very little legroom when rearfacing. And your little one still has at least another year rearfacing.
It also sits so high up that it can be tricky to get kids in and out of it.

Recaro convertibles make very supportive, reclined ffing seats (good for special needs kiddos). But, I think there are better options out there.

Therefore, I say its not the best value for the money.

This is coming from someone who looooooves the quality of the recaro convertibles. I looooved mine. But, the reality is that it just wasn't that long lasting or practical for everyday use.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC