Recaro Como Harness Threading

ammorgan

I used a recaro como with my son (it is still good) and my daughter is about to outgrow her infant seat. When I tried her in it at 17 lbs and approx 27 inches, it wouldn't tighten enough against her.

I'm wondering if I'm supposed to be passing the harness in the back over the silver bar, or under it. I think if I were to pass it over it instead of under it, the harness would fit her. I tried to look in the manual but couldn't find anything showing how the back of the seat is supposed to look when properly threaded.

I added a picture of how I currently have it threaded. Is that the correct way, or is the harness supposed to go over that metal bar, instead of under like shown?

Attachments

• 103_3913.jpg
    103_3913.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
ADS

ammorgan

I went out and looked at it again, to see how tight I could get it in the front and felt the back straps and realized I'd put them on the wrong sides of the thing in the back, so the straps made an X instead of the way they are supposed to go. Whoops. I will try fitting my daughter in it again once she gets up from her nap.

Mercuria

I don't know anything about the Como, so I can't help you with the bar, but make sure none of the straps are twisted (at least one is in that picture). That may fix the problem, too.

ammorgan

It definitely won't work for us right now. Even with it on the lowest shoulder strap, and her sitting in it just right, I can still pinch the webbing with the harness pulled as tight as it will go. I will be keeping her in the infant seat for now.

ammorgan

I thought I should come back and update this. I ended up contacting Recaro and asking if I could wrap the harness around the metal bar and they said no, but we will send you an infant insert. I got it in the mail today and with that in place my daughter now fits the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC