Re threading a Britax Advocate

U

Unregistered

I took apart our Britax Advocate in order to give it a good clean and now I can not remember for the life of me how to re thread the harness, any help would be most appreciated. BTW it does not go together the same as the Marathon, I have one of those as well.

ADS

HayleyCPST

Do you have the manual? It says how to take it apart. Did you remove the entire cover and the harness straps?

It should be very similar to the Marathon...

What I would do first is to thread the harness straps through the slots and attach them to the harness splitter plate at the back of the car seat. Then, buckle the harness together as if a child was in it. You'll be able to see how the hip straps should go into the side. Be sure you thread it through the side, then underneath so it's secure.

Is this the advocate65 or the advocate 70? If the 70, then I have no clue.

ETA: did you take the harness clips and hugs off too or just the harnesses out of the slots?

U

Unregistered

Any other responses to this??
Looking for help with reattaching harness straps to harness splitter plate on the Advocate 70. My son vomited all over the seat today. I did not want to take it apart, but I could not get all the puke off all the strap parts without doing so. I didn't take the straps all the way out/off (nor did I submerge them in water), but I need to reattach them at the back. I was paying careful attention to how I was taking them off so that I could put it back on correctly but now I'm worried I'm not doing it correctly. It's quite different than my other 1st gen Advocate. I'm now all worried I've done something terrible... any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

U

Unregistered

I will try to get a photo uploaded but may take some time to get to that.

It's not a G3 but the previous model, the Advocate 70 CS I think is what it's officially called... not the first Advocate 65.

I detached the harness straps from the splitter plate at the rear of the seat to be able to wipe everything down better. Now I forget how the harness straps were attached to the splitter plate. They were looped through one another or overlapping, and I don't want to put them back incorrectly. The manual says nothing about this.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This doesn't show exactly how to redo it, but it shows what it looks like, about halfway through the video... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc6yz3e3J94"]CarseatBlog.com: New Britax 70 convertible carseat! - YouTube[/ame]

tiggercat

This? (Blvd g2, pretty sure that part is identical)

Edited to remove erroneous information.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Yes, thank you.
I also found a similar pic on an old review of the seat.
Do you know how I put them back on to look like that? Do I just slide one onto the splitter and then the other over it? When I took them off, I felt like one was looped through the other.

U

Unregistered

Thank you again. This makes me feel much better about putting it back together. If you are able to take the serial pics so that I can confirm I did it correctly, that would be great. If you can't get to it, no worries. Thank you!

Athena

I see the picture of what it should look like in joolsplus3's post #6, without even having to play the video.

Yes, just put the first strap on, then slide the second one over top. I can take serial pics, if that would help, after I get my kids fed :D

Actually, it's the opposite. If you look at the pic above you'll see that it's different from your picture. I don't know if it makes a difference as far as safety, but just in case ... facing the rear of the seat, you put the loop of the right strap inside the left and thread them on the splitter plate together. Does that make sense? Just look at the picture in post 6. I used to have an RA55 and it was the same way. It looked complicated to me at first, but turned out to be really easy to do. HTH

tiggercat

I see the picture of what it should look like in joolsplus3's post #6, without even having to play the video.

Actually, it's the opposite. If you look at the pic above you'll see that it's different from your picture. I don't know if it makes a difference as far as safety, but just in case ... facing the rear of the seat, you put the loop of the right strap inside the left and thread them on the splitter plate together. Does that make sense? Just look at the picture in post 6. I used to have an RA55 and it was the same way. It looked complicated to me at first, but turned out to be really easy to do. HTH

So like this? It's really hard to get them attached that way! It came to me the other way, but it was a used/crashed training seat. Good to know!

Last edited:

Athena

So like this? It's really hard to get them attached that way! It came to me the other way, but it was a used/crashed training seat. Good to know!

Yes! I don't remember it being that hard, but I don't have the seat anymore, so maybe I've just forgotten. :)

U

Unregistered

Because I'm posting as "unregistered" and my comments have to be approved, they obviously were delayed and thus out of order. My apologies!

So, I think I did do it correctly, as per joolsplus3's video link and Athena's comments... and as originally connected on my seat.

Many thanks! Here's to no more vomiting incidents!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC