Radian RXT through Security Checkpoint at Airport Questions

MariahMichaels

We will be leaving for vacation in a couple of weeks, taking our daughters Radian on board the plane with us for her to use during the flight. This is our first time flying with all three of us, my questions regard airport security checkpoint. Will the Radian fit in the X-Ray machine? Should we fold it down or leave it open? We will be using a cart to pull it behind us through the airport, I plan on removing it at security if I need to put it in the X-Ray machine. Also does the cart need to go through? It folds down small and from what I read that you are supposed to put strollers through the X-Ray machine, so I'm assuming it's the same for carts? Also, we could use some recommendations/suggestions on carry-on bags, there are two adults and one 2 year old on this trip. I cannot carry more than 35lbs and we will not have a stroller with us (we are borrowing one at destination). Right now we are thinking this for carry-on: 1 roller bag, 1 duffle bag, 1 backpack, 1 small folding cart for Radian. Also will the Radian fit on a small rolling cart through the plane aisles? Or will we need to take it off and carry it on board? We will be flying United Airline on a Canadair Regional Jet 700.

ADS

jasminegrl

a radian will fit through a security machine in open form, and i'm assuming you will need to put the cart through as well since i had to put my stroller through. The radian fit down the aisle of the plane we went on, i don't remember what type it was though, the only issue I had was peoples elbows sticking out into the aisle.

Eclipsepearl

Wow, that's a lot of stuff!

Please check the rollaboard. They're awful as carry-on's and not practical when flying with children. How long is your flight? With two adults and only one child, one backpack and one duffle should be more than enough.

I kept the Radian open. I put the cart on the belt first and then the car seat. Face it down to make it easier. Don't fold up the cart, just throw it on, base first, on the belt. That way, you simply remove it first, throw the car seat on it and wait for the other two bags to come out.

Shoes go back on last. Find a bench and sit down to do it. Remember that only the adults now have to take them off.

One tip; push everything to the end of the trough to get out of other people's way. This way, you can arrange yourselves in peace, without getting in the way of hurried businesspeople.

Remember to stow the cart on the floor, in front of the seat in of your child and not in an overhead bin.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC