Radian Questions

tweak0605

So, we just had one of our carseats checked over by a CPST at the local hospital. My husband was there, I was not (unfortunately). She made him take out the angle adjuster because it wasn't at the right angle. I always read that when they have good head control, they can use the AA. My daughter is almost 8 months old and has excellent head control. Without it, the seat is way too push forward. Can we just put it back in?

2nd question, is my daughter screams hysterically in it. Will she ever get used to it? It's causing my husband lots of stress, as he drives 45 min one way with her to work/daycare.

ADS

jnamommy

What vehicle are you installing the Radian in? In most vehicles, the Radian is way reclined, but I do know a few (like my Town and Country), the Radian is at a a good angle without the angle adjuster.

do you know what angle the seat was at? I would put the AA back in and measure the angle. You can post a pic on here for the techs to look at too. It is possible that the person checking the seat was not familiar with the Radian and the angle adjuster.

Good luck, I hope she does stop screaming in it, i understand how hard that is. My third is a very mellow, laid back baby, until we use a carseat. The he becomes a carseat screamer - he screams as soon as we strap him in, and pretty much screams the whole drive (and I have tried him in a couple of seats). He is almost 6 months, and I am hoping he stops soon.

tweak0605

What vehicle are you installing the Radian in? In most vehicles, the Radian is way reclined, but I do know a few (like my Town and Country), the Radian is at a a good angle without the angle adjuster.

do you know what angle the seat was at? I would put the AA back in and measure the angle. You can post a pic on here for the techs to look at too. It is possible that the person checking the seat was not familiar with the Radian and the angle adjuster.

Good luck, I hope she does stop screaming in it, i understand how hard that is. My third is a very mellow, laid back baby, until we use a carseat. The he becomes a carseat screamer - he screams as soon as we strap him in, and pretty much screams the whole drive (and I have tried him in a couple of seats). He is almost 6 months, and I am hoping he stops soon.

The one we had checked today was a 02 Camry. I have no idea what the angle is at with the AA in, but here's a picture.

We put the AA back in, and she was much much much happier. We had to drive 45 min to go somewhere, and she did not cry. Played with her keys and actually fell asleep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC