Radian or Scenera in a van?

everashley

We're going to be renting a van with my SIL & BIL and taking the kiddos to disneyland this summer (yay!!). There will be 4 adults and three kids. Sounds like the van we'll be renting is either a town and county or grand caravan (both with captains chairs). Anyone have any expereince with installing a rfing scenera or radian in the 3rd row? I'm thinking center install?

ADS
the newer caravans have very sloped seats so you will definitely need several noodles or tightly rolled towels for a scenera but the radians install great I had one in the backseat of my Caravan and it was nice an upright and easy to install

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
The Radian is like BUTTAH - in both the captains and 3rd row (I've done both seat belt and LATCH - the 3rd row has offset LATCH so that won't work with your full van. But the seatbelt is fairly straightforward and easy too.

I haven't done a Scenera, but it would take at LEAST a noodle-rolled-in-towel: the seats are really sloped, especially in the 3rd row.

I've also ridden in the 3rd row myself, and was pretty comfortable (the belt fit wasn't terrible - I'm 5'2)

Dmcj13

The Radian was made for the GC. I swear those sloped seats accept it like it belongs there. The Scenera, not so much. If you take the Scenera you will need a noodle pyramid, and then it takes some force to get it tight. The Radian is comfier anyway.

everashley

Awesome! Thanks everyone. I'm glad the radian will work so nicely. The scenera is our backup seat but definitely NOT my favorite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC