Radian installation and harness tightness problems

U

Unregistered

We just bought a Radian RXT for our 38lb 40" almost three year old, and we're having trouble first installing it so that it moves less than an inch along the belt path with a rear facing seatbelt install, and then getting the harness tight enough on him. We have an '07 Acura RDX. If there are any tips I'd really appreciate them. We've always used Britax before with no problems, and we've spent a couple hours now wrestling with this thing.

My husband finally tightened the harness enough by not buckling anything first. Is this just how it needs to be? We have an acceptable Latch install for right now.

ADS

Keeyamah

The Radian has what most people call here a "ratcheting" harness to tighten. Which just means that you have to tug-stop-tug-stop-tug until its tight enough. Or some people have had luck reaching behind the seat, pulling the straps tight there and then pulling the adjuster strap.

If you can give us some pics of your install, I'm sure we try to help you. Or help you find local tech.

Edited cause I thought I was in the Canadian forum....oops

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Is the seat rear-facing or forward-facing? I'm assuming rear, since you mentioned the rear-facing belt path, but I just want to check! :)

U

Unregistered

Thank you, everyone for the suggestions! What pictures would be most helpful? I have some of the seat with the latch installation, and a very bad one with the seatbelt installation, but can do whatever is most useful.

We've been leaving the harness tightened when we take him out, but I don't want to do this if it compromises his safety in any way.

I am going to contact a car seat tech through safe kids, though the one closest to us only does checks once a month and we've hot a trip coming before their next check. Is there a different place to look?

Thank you so much!

A's Mommy

When we first got our Radian RXT, I was having trouble with the harness too. I read somewhere to try buckling the crotch strap first, then the chest clip. It solved the problem for us.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC