Questions about Peg Perego 5-70 convertible

calihannah

First of all, what the heck do you call [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Convertible-Premium-Toddler/dp/B005WH3R9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343963893&sr=8-1&keywords=peg+perego+5+70"]this thing[/ame]? It's another "Primo Viaggio" I guess, but that sounds confusing!

Okay, now for real questions :)

Just installed this in the relatively small back seat of my husband's 2012 Audi Q5. LOVE the install -- rock solid, 30 seconds to get it in perfectly. Gotta love the separate LATCH straps! It goes in pretty upright, around 35 degrees. As a result, it leaves plenty of room for me to sit in front of it on the passenger side (I'm 5'10").

1) It doesn't appear to allow RF tethering. Is that correct?

2) There are apparently 10 positions for the headrest and therefore for the harness. However, I can't figure out where it shows what position the headrest is in, and only the bottom 7 are allowed for rear-facing. I tried to pull it up all the way to the top and then count down 3 clicks, but I kept missing a click and sliding down two clicks at a time or similar. There must be a better way ;)

Overall, I am in love with this seat and am SO glad to have another 45lb RF seat as an alternative to the Radian! It looks like it will fit DD (super tall, over 99th percentile) for a loooong time.

ADS

calihannah

2. Measure up 14.2" and that's the top rf harness slot. Make sure you get the .2" in there ;). (http://carseatblog.com/16793/peg-perego-primo-viaggio-sip-5-70-convertible-review/)

Thank you! Seriously, though, there's no way of telling from the shell?! That's just begging for misuse...oh wait, that assumes that parents will try to RF their extremely tall and likely, oh, 4yo kiddos ;) Probably not an issue for most parents, I guess!

For my nearly 36" 20-month-old on the other hand...this seat gives me hope that we can make it to 3 RF :) (In my car, we have a RXT, so I know we can get there in that seat...but it won't fit in DH's car even with the angle adjuster.)

CuddlyMonsters

We have this seat too and overall we love it. Every seat has advantages and disadvantages.

Unfortunately the manual is very poorly written, but their CS were more than helpful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC