Puzzle! Please help :) What will fit?

Polola0628

Tax time is coming around so buying all new seats IS an option- it's cheaper than buying a new vehicle which is NOT an option ;)

I'm expecting again in September, so I'll give the ages the kids will be then:

DD1 will be 4y9m old. DD2 will be 2y9m old. And the newborn.

The vehicle is a 1995 Ford Explorer.

DD1 is currently in a Frontier 85. She is too big for a Radian, she has outgrown it by height FFing and by weight RFing.

DD2 is currently in a Radian XTSL, RFing.

Right now with the current seats I'd probably be able to only do a MyRide.

Here is the picture of the space currently (Fr85 is on the drivers side and the radian is rf center)
IMG_3317.jpg

and here is a picture of the room I'd have in the center if both current seats were installed outboard. (there appears to be more room than there actually is)
IMG_3312.jpg

Any FFing seats need to be outboard- I'm not comfortable installing FFing without a top tether, and I can't do that in the center position.

Again, I'm open to buying new seats- let me know!

ADS

djma

Could you fit another Radian? I'm not familiar with how they work side-by-side, but that's not a lot of room to work with.

Polola0628

I could probably use a radian if I install it FFing outboard for my 2yo... My husband isn't comfortable with FFing her so early, but if we must make it work, then we must.

If we did that we'd be able to put the new baby center RFing.

RommiesMommy

I'm in a similar place regarding neednig to get three across as buying a new vehicle is not an option for us either.
One of the seats I am in midst of considering is the Combi Cocoro, based off the picture it looks like it could be able to fit for a RF seat for the newbie.

Polola0628

It seems that I need to start looking at new (used, lol) vehicles. We're getting taxes back... but I was needing to put about 4k towards my birth. Maybe if we sell our current vehicle in addition to getting the taxes back, it would be an option.

I don't really see any way to make this work.. which is why I posted the question.. just hoping someone saw something I didn't.

It would be *so* hard to reach over and buckle in a middle person (esp a noob!), especially in the cold (fall baby, winter would be around the corner!). I'd love to somehow get an infant seat in there.. but then there arises the issue of longevity. By then though, I'd be able to have DD1 in a booster, which might make things easier. Or more difficult. Ugh.

Lenae

Coccoro, either outboard or center, RF RN outboard or center. I *think* it would fit. I got a Coccoro in between two TF's, so with a RN in the mix, I think it's doable.

What I would do personally, is load older two children into the car from the door where the Frontier is. Middle child first, climbs into RF RN in the center, oldest child climbs into Frontier. Buckle baby into Coccoro while older children are climbing into seats, go back to other side, buckle older children. It sucks, but that's what I would do if getting a new vehicle really wasn't an option.

Polola0628

Thanks! I hope a CCO will fit- that would be great. I did have an older CCO that was a PITA to install- I couldn't figure it out and spent a ton of time with it. It was with a 2002 explorer. Are the new CCos any better? IIRC, the issue was with it not getting tight enough- it's hard to explain. I ended up selling it :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC