Pria problems :(

maddie80

I need some help with our maxi cosi pria!

The seat is installed RF in our toyota prius. It's a good fit, and our one-year-old daughter loves it and is comfy (thank goodness, she hated her infant seat). I am having a horrible, horrible time with the straps. They seem to always stick, and I have a terrible time getting them to tighten so that I have a snug fit on my daughter, who is not particularly tiny (she's 29" and 20 lbs.) Sometimes it feels like I just can't tighten them at all, even though I can feel there is slack in the straps where they are coming out of the slots in the back of the seat.

If my daughter didn't love it so much, I'd be inclined to return it, because I hate messing around with a carseat that is hard to use every day. Does anyone have any advice?

ADS

lauti

Mine is installed FFing, but I have the same issue. Try loosening and tightening when she's not in the seat to make sure nothing is stuck behind the seat that you can't see.

Other than that, I just tighten once and then leave them so that I don't have to retighten. It seems that in order to loosen them you have to pull them out of the back at exactly the right angle in order to get them to budge. I have no clue what the deal is but I plan on uninstalling once the weather warms up and checking things out in the house.

I love the seat otherwise, so I deal with just squeezing DS in there with the straps at the appropriate tightness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC