Please critique my current vehicle seating - Canada

mommy24babes

I currently have
DD1 7 yrs 9 mos 65lbs and 4ft1 Nautilus in booster mode in my vehicle
Monterey in DH's
DS1 5 yrs 8 mos 41lbs and about 43' Radian and nautilus harnessed.
DS2 2yrs 9 mos 27lbs and about 38'? Radian and soon to be expired ( dec 12)
graco cargo booster harnessed.
DD2 7 mos 17 lbs not sure how long. Graco snugride 32.

I also have available a 3 yo first years trufit .

I drive a 06 dodge grand caravan with middle row bucket seats and 2 extra tt points in the 3rd row.

Our seating changed a bit ago due to DD1 outgrowing her nauti harnessed.

Our prior seating was 3 big ones FF in the rear row and DD2 RF in the middle row.

The big 2 need to be able to get in and out of the van for kiss and ride.

Thanks for any suggestions

ADS

tam_shops

In Dec, will ds2 be RF or FF?

If FF, I'd get a dedicated booster for DD1 and find the straps for the GN and move DS2 into that. I might also move 1 Radian and 1 GN in each car and put the larger child in the GN and smaller in Radian.

Are you *sure* the Radian is about to expire? I thought that the RN didn't come into Canada until Summer 2006? When did you get it and check the manual for the expiration. Did they have 6 or 8 years back then?

I'd put the babe in the TF when the time comes and/or the next oldest child FF, so the babe can RF in the RN if it has a higher weight limit.

And, next year when DD2 outgrows the bucket and needs another seat, I'd put ds1 in the least used vehicle in a booster seat--rather than buying another seat.

If it fits, I always put the older kids in the front--easier to reach to get them in/out and the older kids in the back b/c they can get in/out of their seats themselves.

tam

mommy24babes

Oops I made a mistake and it won't let me edit.
Kids are in my vehicle 90% of the time.
both radians are new last Dec it's an old graco cargo booster that's about to expire in dhs van.

DD1s nautilus will expire for harnessing in 2 years I think? Ds1s Nauti is 3 years old.

Ds 2 was rf up until last dec when Dd2 was born.
I'm not opposed to turning him back. He was happy rf and so was I.
With 2 rf seat in each of the middle row buckets the kids in the back would have a heck of a time getting out under 2 rf seats.

bbartlettnfld

I also say check the radian to see if its expiring this year. I bought mine in Summer 2007 (DOM of Jan 2007) and it has an 8 year expiry so not until 2014. I know they made some changes such as making the FF weight limit 65lbs from 48lbs. Mine is the 65lb version.

canadiangie

Just to clarify, an 06 GC offers just 1 factory installed tether anchor in the 3rd row.

Have you had the optional retro-fit anchor(s) added by Chrysler? They're just over $100 each, if that jogs your memory.

Just want to make sure you aren't thinking the 1 set of UAS in the 3rd row is 2 extra tether anchors -- looking from the cargo area it's sometimes confusing for people to decipher lower anchors versus tether anchors, specifically in a GC.

mommy24babes

canadiangie said:
Just to clarify, an 06 GC offers just 1 factory installed tether anchor in the 3rd row.

Have you had the optional retro-fit anchor(s) added by Chrysler? They're just over $100 each, if that jogs your memory.

Just want to make sure you aren't thinking the 1 set of UAS in the 3rd row is 2 extra tether anchors -- looking from the cargo area it's sometimes confusing for people to decipher lower anchors versus tether anchors, specifically in a GC.

Yes we had 2 additional top tethers installed at the dealership. I wont soon forget the $ 300+ it cost lol
I wonder if we got ripped off by the dealership.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC