Peg Perego or Maxi Cosi Pria

dinah_kay

I was in an accident, and our car was totaled. Thankfully the kids were not in the car, but of course I need to replace the seats. I have replaced my 5 year old's Graco Affix, but I need to replace my 16 month old's seat. She was in a older Britax Marathon CS. She currently rides in a Peg Perego Convertible in my Explorer. I was looking on Amazon and saw the Maxi Cosa Pria 70 is $199, and the Peg will cost me $315. Insurance is replacing my Marathon at my cost of $249.

I would like that takes up the least amount of room (front to back) when rear facing since it will go our "new" car a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta. My daughter is very skinny (19lbs at 16 months,) and was 32" at her 15 month appointment.

I am not sure if my insurance will pay the additional cost of the Peg. The Click Safe Marathon we had is no longer available, and I am not sure if they will pay the price difference if we replace our seat with a different model.

ADS

Aurezalia

Neither, actually. :) I'd replace it with the next Britax Marathon Clicktight, which runs $264 online, so basically replacement rate of your older Marathon. You can probably even argue with insurance about how that model is no longer available, so you're replacing it with the newest model of the same seat, and they'd probably cover the whole thing.
The new Britax seats are AMAZINGLY tall (tallest RF seats now AFAIK), take up very little space, and have incredibly easy installs. Frontrunner of the pack right now IMO. ;)

dinah_kay

Really? I thought from what I had read the Maxi or Peg took up the least amount of front to rear space when rear facing. Is that not the case? The back seats are pretty tiny in the Jetta.

Aurezalia

The Pria at the most upright angle is the most compact, but the Peg, Nexfit, and Britax Clicktights all tie for 2nd place. Carseatblog space guide AFAIK the Jetta and Golf have essentially the same interior and backseat, right? Built on the same frame? My sister just put a Britax Marathon CT into her Golf and it fits perfectly. :)

image-3777607060.jpg

I agree with Aurezalia, I would go with a new Britax CT convertible. They are CRAZY easy to install, and very tall. I may spring for a Boulevard, though. You get a bit of extra height out of that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC