Nextfit--comfort as kids grow?

NicoleWI

Is anyone using the Nextfit for an older toddler? I am on the verge of getting it for my one year old, but I had my five year old sit in it for me at the store and she found it uncomfortable, and it looked like the headrest pushed her head forward. You CAN recline the seat to help with this. I'm just wondering if the seat becomes uncomfortable as kids grow. Since it just came out recently I don't know if there's a lot of info on that issue yet.

I don't want to buy a seat b/c of extended RF, but then have her "outgrow" it sooner than expected b/c it becomes uncomfortable or awkward.

ADS

Carolinadaisy

I'm using one rf for my 2 yr 10 month old who is at least 40" and 35lbs. He is very comfortable in the seat and sleeps great in it on longer car rides.

lpeterson

My 3.5 year old still rd in this seat. She's a peanut though. 26lbs and 35" roughly. . She seems very comfy. Love my nextfit. I dont see her outgrowing it anytime soon. I've never noticed the headrest pushing her head forward either.

kaharris83

My 3.5yo is just about 34lbs and 39". The NextFit is his favorite seat. He's currently beside himself because I have it installed next to his Foonf in our primary vehicle and his little brother is riding in it while we wait for our CCO repair kit. He chooses to ride in it every chance he gets.

YinzerMama

I have a 2 1/2yo who is in one and he loves it. I have had my 5yo girls sit in it to test it, just in the house, not installed, and both say it is comfy. I think my only concern with an older child would be the depth might get annoying - my husband says the seat looks like it is swallowing the girls - but the headrest doesn't seem to be an issue at all. (The harness pads also seemed to me like they would be an issue with a bigger kid but yay those are no longer required!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC