Question new seats for 5 year old and 17 month old

fmama2

Hi. I just registered here hoping to find some information to help me find some new seats for the kids. Dd will be 5 in a couple weeks and currently rides in a evenflo hbb,she has been for about year due to my lack of carseat knowledge=( I'm interested in getting her the maestro or GN but was wanting to know more about a babytrend sport seat I saw on targets site. She is 44lbs but I want know her height until dh gets home with the measuring tape. Ds is 17 months and 22-23 lbs,don't know his height now either. He. rides ff in a evenflo triumph advance . I want him rf,which is possibe in the eta but ,were looking to getting a 2nd car soon so we will need a new seat for that vehicle.currently we have an 02 dodge ram 4door. Price is a problem so I'm looking for deals. Under 200$ for both kids would be absolutely awesome.

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

noahsmom24

A Britax Frontier 85 will get you the longest time keeping your 5yr old Harnessed and will take you all the way through boostering as well!
For the 17month old, I'm not sure since I'm not as up to date with the RF seats. There will be many to help you with that. :)

You can find a FR85 depending on color for $223 or so, if you look for deals you might be able to score one lower. But IMO they are so worth the price when you have a child you want to keep Harnessed for aslong as you can. I have a big 4yr old and Would at least like to keep him harnessed til 6/7, the Frontier 85 will allow that and when we ARE ready for a booster then it turns into a good Booster as well, It is also compatiable with the Britax Parkway SG clip which means that adds an extra "point" then just boostering which is a plus to me. :)

fmama2

Thanks. I would love to find her a frontier for a low price. Dh is unfortunatly isn't carseat knowledgable and wants to keep her in thebooster and ds ff. I was thinking of keeping the eta for the new car rf and maybe. A scenera for dh truck?

Keeanh

How does your almost-5yo behave in a booster? If she's mature enough to sit still and the belt fits her properly, I would be okay with a 5yo in a booster. If she doesn't sit properly, then you could look at the Nautilus or the new Evenflo Securekid.

A Scenera would be fine for your little guy. Look for one with a 40lb rear-facing limit. Some still have a 35lb limit.

fmama2

Ill check the review for that seat.. she does well in the booster and likes it but,when she falls asleep(very seldom) she falls over and I don't like that. Like I said she seldom does it and we don't travel far distances .

fmama2

Thanks. I think I will get her a turbo booster for the new vehicle and look into the scenera for ds. Ill check his height later though and see if it would be worth it or if I should look into thr truefit. Is the tf better than the myride? I saw some for 110$ on target.com

Keeanh

The Truefit will last longer forward-facing. The My Ride will last longer rear-facing (generally speaking).

The Diono Monterey is the best booster I've found for sleeping. The problem with it is the seatbelt doesn't stay very well in the new guides. I think the Recaro Vivo is a good sleeping seat too. I've never used it, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC