Question new seat needed

Beepers70

I am looking for a recommendation for a carseat for my DD age 5: 42.5 inches tall and 42 pounds. the seat will be in a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. I would like the seat to be a 5 point harness and not a booster using the seatbelt. This will be the only carseat in the backseat. this seat will be used to transport my DD from school and back only. She rides in a Britax Boulevard and a Radian RTX in our other vehicles. I would also like to be able to purchase this tomorrow at a local store and not have to order online.
Thanks for the help.

ADS

aeormsby

If you need to purchase locally your best bets are probably the Evenflo Maestro or Secure Kids or the Graco Nautilus. The Maestro has a lower weight limit than the other 2 (only 50lb instead of 65lb). I think I've seen all of them at Target.

I would think they'd all install fine. We have a Dakota quadcab and I've never had any problems installing seats (we don't have those, but do have a Britax Frontier which is probably bigger than the seats listed above, but probably harder to find in a store).

If you want to consider a high back booster (I know you said harnessed) the Graco Turbobooster usually fits younger kids very well also. We started letting DD use one occasionally when she was 5 for short trips (like dropping off at school).

Beepers70

Thanks for the information. I should clarify that I am able to purchase a seat at BabiesRUS or Buy Buy baby, I am wondering if this changes which seat you would recommend. I am hoping to go today and purchase the seat as I need it for school tomorrow!

Beepers70

Thanks for the information. I should clarify that I am able to purchase a seat at BabiesRUS or Buy Buy baby, I am wondering if this changes which seat you would recommend. I am hoping to go today and purchase the seat as I need it for school tomorrow!

Beepers70

Beepers70

I should clarify that I am able to purchase a seat at babiesRus or buy buy baby. I was hoping to do this today as I need the seat for school tomorrow.
Thanks!

Beepers70

I should clarify. I am able to purchase the car-seat at BabiesRUs or buy buy baby. I am hope to do this today. I as I need the seat for tomorrow.
Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC