New Infant seat

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Fabulous. I knew it was coming, but hadn't seen it in the computer last I looked. This seat will have the antirebound handle position as well. I thought I'd heard rumor of a 4lb minimum weight limit, but perhaps that was just rumor. I'll have to check when it comes in to the store.

Chila88

Trudy, when this arrives at your store...would you mind giving us a shell height comparison to the SR35 and the Via? Thanks!!!

snowbird25ca

Trudy, when this arrives at your store...would you mind giving us a shell height comparison to the SR35 and the Via? Thanks!!!

It was in stock when I went in tonight, but I didn't have a chance to have a close look at it and we don't have the Via in store right now. We're also out of stock of the SR35 now. However, I believe the shell is the same height as the original embrace - kids tended to have growing room even when they hit the 29" limit. From what has been said the seat hasn't had any physical changes to the shell aside from the handle. (And all seats will have front adjust harnesses now.)

canadiangie

It was in stock when I went in tonight, but I didn't have a chance to have a close look at it and we don't have the Via in store right now. We're also out of stock of the SR35 now. However, I believe the shell is the same height as the original embrace - kids tended to have growing room even when they hit the 29" limit. From what has been said the seat hasn't had any physical changes to the shell aside from the handle. (And all seats will have front adjust harnesses now.)

So same harness geometry as the existing Embrace?

snowbird25ca

So same harness geometry as the existing Embrace?

Pretty sure - from the fast look I got at it. I know the bottom slots on the Evenflo have always been quite low - my dd needed the 2nd ones up on her portabout 5 when she came home from the hospital. Base is the same, belt guides on the seat are the same. It has a smaller crotch buckle and chest clip - I don't recall if the old embrace had 2 crotch slots or not? (I rarely saw them and just can't remember now.)

snowbird25ca

I got another quick look at it tonight - it's rated 4 to 35lbs and up to 30" - I think based on how kids fit the Embrace before that the 30" is actually a realistic number even if there's been no change in the shell.

The handle isn't padded the same way as the handle on the Secure Ride 35 - I haven't handled it enough yet to have a sense of how comfortable it'll be carrying it.

Aprilmom

Thanks Trudy! I am happy a lot of infant seats are rated from 4 lbs. Often the foster babies I bring home are barely 5 lbs. I have one year left on my Snugride 22...

snowbird25ca

Thanks Trudy! I am happy a lot of infant seats are rated from 4 lbs. Often the foster babies I bring home are barely 5 lbs. I have one year left on my Snugride 22...

It's nice to see more and more of them being rated from 4lbs. It's only been 4 years I believe since the first 4lb minimum seat arrived in Canada - it's really exciting actually to look back over the last 5 years and see all the changes that have taken place. :)

snowbird25ca

Bumping this up. I read most of the manual at work last night, and it does require 1.5" clearance behind the shell of the seat. I don't think this is a deal breaker because there's no longer a handle that sits 3" behind the shell, but it's something to be aware of when adjusting the front seat.

The wording is kind of funny in a few places and I've decided they really need a Canadian technician on contract to proofread manuals. I appreciate that they've put in all the detailed information about pre-term babies and how they may have special needs etc etc, but the wording seems thrown together and like they themselves weren't sure precisely what they were trying to communicate - it's just bizarre.

Something else that's odd - the cover of the seat has 2 crotch slot holes - leading me to think that there were only 2 crotch slot adjustments. But there are actually 3 crotch slots, and they allow for the crotch strap to be shortened up the same way that the crotch strap on the Sure fit gets shortened. So that's a good thing - though I totally tore a nail trying to actually do it last night and if they're all as difficult, then I doubt very many parents will go to the trouble of doing it... Guess we'll see...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC