New Graco Buckles - they don't match!

sm1982

All the floor models at BRU had the recalled buckles on them. But on the boxes, the picture had been changed to show the new black buckles.

ADS

cookie123

Was it a floor model seat? It's just old, and since it's not recalled, it's the same old one that's been sitting there for however many months. Some of my floor models are ancient, relatively speaking.

Yes, on a floor model. I guess that would be why.

And I saw the Foonf in real life for the first time. As well as the Clek booster, forget the name. Aesthetically they don't do it for me. THey seem like seats from back in the day to me.:) And it really is gigantic!

We had a very exciting road trip to Buy BUy Baby to look at strollers!

Gidgetc13

So this thread made me realize yesterday that all of my Radians have gray chest clips and black buckles. Never even noticed that before. It doesn't bother me at all, but then again all my covers are gray and black. I personally wouldn't be too upset about a chest clip and buckle that didn't match, unless one was like beige and the other one was gray/black.

sm1982

So this thread made me realize yesterday that all of my Radians have gray chest clips and black buckles. Never even noticed that before. It doesn't bother me at all, but then again all my covers are gray and black. I personally wouldn't be too upset about a chest clip and buckle that didn't match, unless one was like beige and the other one was gray/black.

I don't know a Radian would bother me if the buckles at least looked like they went together. The Graco buckles just look mismatched IMO - the buckle has a shiny finish and the chest clip is dull.

jacqui276

I never noticed that about all of my radians until this thread either. It doesn't bother me though.

There was an accident nearish to here a few months ago where a car went under water and the dad couldn't get the kids unbuckled from their car seats. He ended up pulling the entire vehicle seats out to save his kids. Paramedics weren't on scene yet and if he would have waited for them, his kids would not have survived (his wife died). Stories like that make me feel a bit better knowing that my seats are pretty easy to unbuckle and I have belt cutters in my car.

amelia222

I filled out the recall form but I don't know if I will switch the buckle on the Nautilus. IT's the old old push down buckle and it's the only one that DD can undo. Having her be able to unbuckle is helpful when I have 3 kids with me.

Chila88

Huh! I haven't heard a thing from them! I still use one recalled seat and just gave my SR35 to my sister, and seeing as her baby is due any day now I guess I'd better email Elfe. Thx!

Exactly! ;)

Yes they are recalled in Canada now too. Since March 3. I got a letter about one of my seats (that I no longer have) in the mail sometime in the last 10 days or so. Haven't checked the mail in awhile. :p

sm1982

Little follow-up: I received my buckles yesterday and they were black. I called their 1800 number this morning and got through right away. They're sending out a black chest clip free of charge, so my set will match.

Mom2natalie

That's good! :)

I still haven't received our buckle. My daughter is 6 1/2 and we were booster training anyways, so I just bought her a TB and a TB w/SS. It is still hard to believe I don't have a 5 pt harness for her anymore, but she really LOVES her new boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC