Need some stroller recs!

katymyers

First of all DH wants a jogging stroller for himself to use. We want to be spending less than $200 on that and still get a decent stroller. I don't like Baby Trend, just a personal thing I'm not even sure exactly why to be honest. I like the Graco Treko, but I don't know how it would preform. We are also looking for either a lightweight or full size single stroller. I don't want to spend more than $120 for a lightweight stroller and $175 for a full size. We have a Graco Quattro Tour Duo but we want to be able to put all the kids in a stroller or just have the baby in a stroller. We had a single Quattro when Levi was a baby which I loved but it got ruined when we moved from Texas to Idaho. I'm all set to just buy another one of those but DH doesn't like buying the same stroller twice. If I got a full size it would be another Quattro or maybe a Joovy Kooper which I've liked when looking online. Basically if I got a different full size stroller I'd want it to be totally different from anything I've ever owned. In looking at lightweight strollers I really don't have a clue, I'm looking for straight up suggestions. I want something that looks nice, I want something more than an umbrella stroller, it needs to be comfy and have decent padding, and it has to be cute. Thanks :) I'm so lost I've always just matched my car seat before this.

ADS

msg221

Honestly, if your DH wants a real jogging stroller to actually jog with, I don't know that you are going to find a good quality one for $200 or less. Not brand new anyway. Not sure if you are okay with used. I have a BOB Revolution Duallie, and love it. I haven't jogged with it on a regular basis, but the times I did, it handled beautifully.

For the single stroller, I'd want the Baby Jogger City Mini or City Mini GT (I would prefer the GT, since it has a lot of improvements). I just sold my BJCMD because it just wasn't getting any use. I would still like to have a single stroller on hand. Out of all the kids, Chase is the only one who would use it, but it would be nice to have a stroller that will easily fit bigger kids if needed, which is why I am thinking about the City Mini GT.

kalamos23

Depending on where you are, check craigslist. Ours has decent jogging strollers (the fixed wheel ones, usually Baby Jogger brand) for 50 to 80 usually.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

laurengt

kalamos23 said:
Depending on where you are, check craigslist. Ours has decent jogging strollers (the fixed wheel ones, usually Baby Jogger brand) for 50 to 80 usually.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

I have found awesome deals for strollers on craigslist as well.

The Joovy Kooper (which you mentioned) is an awesome stroller and we love it. It is super lightweight, easy to fold, and also steers well. Only complaint is that the handles are a bit low for my taste (I'm 5'9") but not as low as most lightweight strollers. We have it in apple (bright green) so its easy to spot at the zoo/ museums/ parks.

Kegracin

Check the Babysurplus ebay store...they have some older model year fixed wheel jogging strollers for decent prices.

jgomez411

katymyers said:
First of all DH wants a jogging stroller for himself to use. We want to be spending less than $200 on that and still get a decent stroller. I don't like Baby Trend, just a personal thing I'm not even sure exactly why to be honest. I like the Graco Treko, but I don't know how it would preform. We are also looking for either a lightweight or full size single stroller. I don't want to spend more than $120 for a lightweight stroller and $175 for a full size. We have a Graco Quattro Tour Duo but we want to be able to put all the kids in a stroller or just have the baby in a stroller. We had a single Quattro when Levi was a baby which I loved but it got ruined when we moved from Texas to Idaho. I'm all set to just buy another one of those but DH doesn't like buying the same stroller twice. If I got a full size it would be another Quattro or maybe a Joovy Kooper which I've liked when looking online. Basically if I got a different full size stroller I'd want it to be totally different from anything I've ever owned. In looking at lightweight strollers I really don't have a clue, I'm looking for straight up suggestions. I want something that looks nice, I want something more than an umbrella stroller, it needs to be comfy and have decent padding, and it has to be cute. Thanks :) I'm so lost I've always just matched my car seat before this.

I LOVE my Joovy Kooper, folds like an umbrella stroller but lays almost flat! We got rid of our full size stroller and just had the Jeep Urban Terrain and the cheapy Chicco umbrella stroller. The jeep was just a pain going to stores or somewhere with a lot of people and I hated that the umbrella didn't recline. I had wanted a Kooper for a while but my husband was not letting me spend anymore money on strollers for our 18 month old, until I found a pretty much new one on Craigslist for $50. We're both short so the handles are a good height but I know it might be different for taller people!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC