Need recommendation for convertible seat for travel

switters

We have a Combi Cocorro that we use for trips where we fly somewhere because it's so light and compact. However, we just got a recall notice and though Combi has offered to send a replacement harness that we can install to fix the problem, we're not feeling as confident about the Cocorro anymore and would like to replace it.

Is there another similarly light and compact seat available with high safety and reliability ratings? Our daughter is 2.5 years old and at the top of the range for height and weight. We still have her rear-facing, but I imagine that will only last another couple of months given her growth rate.

I've checked the Britax Boulevard and Advocate G4, which are highly recommended, but they're twice the weight of the Cocorro. Not a deal-killer, necessarily, but wondering if there are other options.

ADS

1mommy

There is the Evenflo SureRide, but it is tall (which is good for longer lasting, but bad for fitting in tight spaces) and the Safety 1st Guide 65. The Guide 65 has a short shell but extendable headrest but still last fairly long, just not as long as the SureRide, but I find that I like a pool noodle to help me install it at the right angle (toddler or infant). Now you don't NEED a pool noodle but I think it makes things easier.

switters

There is the Evenflo SureRide, but it is tall (which is good for longer lasting, but bad for fitting in tight spaces) and the Safety 1st Guide 65. The Guide 65 has a short shell but extendable headrest but still last fairly long, just not as long as the SureRide, but I find that I like a pool noodle to help me install it at the right angle (toddler or infant). Now you don't NEED a pool noodle but I think it makes things easier.

Thanks. Just read this post on the Car Seat blog suggesting that the recall may not be as much of a cause for concern as I thought.

1mommy

Thanks. Just read this post on the Car Seat blog suggesting that the recall may not be as much of a cause for concern as I thought.

True, I would keep using the Coccoro for now, but keep in mind the Coccoro probably wont fit your daughter too much longer, so you might want to start looking into a travel seat when she outgrows her seat.

Cnidaria

Yeah, it sounds like the Cocorro recall was kind of a technicality and not really a huge problem.

We have a SureRide and it is indeed nice and light for carrying around while traveling. A disadvantage is that it has big arm-wings that prevent the tray table from going down all the way when FF on a plane.

I think I heard that the Guide65 allows use of the tray table???

meljc

I'd keep using the CCO for now. Do you have any travel planned between now and when your DD turns 3? When she turns 3 you could get her a lightweight FF combo just for travel use (and still RF at home). That's our plan for DS, though I think he can get to 3 RF in the CCO since he's short AND leggy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC