Need new carseat :)

Mommyto3kiddos

So I am in need of a new carseat for our second car which is typical our main car. 34 lb, 28 month old, roughly 35 inches tall with a 12.5-13 inch measurement when sitting floor to shoulder. The seat needs to fit in a 2010 chevy impala with 2 boosters which are currently Graco LBB. It has fixed headrests in the rear on all 3 spots which is our biggest problem when the seat is forward facing. Currently using a MyRide and the fit just isn't ideal in the car. Budget is firmly around $150.

ADS

hrice

For now I would turn your Myride RF and install it in the middle. It's safer and will fit. I would keep her RF in it until her 3rd bday then get a Evenflo Maestro or Britax Frontier. The Frontier fits nicely in the Impala. You will need narrower boosters when you switch. Using the Myride RF for now will give you time to save up. ;)

How old are your other children?

Mommyto3kiddos

Still need a recommendation for a 2nd seat. Gave my scenera away to someone who desperately needed it. Other car is a 2001 Chrysler 300m.

My other kids are 9 1/2 and 7.

hrice

For the second car get an Evenflo Maestro. The Adele pattern is $62.99 on sale at Amazon right now.

I would definitely turn the little one RF in the main vehicle though. :)

When you get a different seat for your Impala try Cosco Topsides for your boosters;as long as your older 2 are under 100#s). They are quite narrow and fit tight spaces well.

Mommyto3kiddos

Little Miss is officially rfing again :) Not sure how she will respond, and my husband is pretty annoyed about it, and all he can talk about is she is gonna get carsick and her legs won't fit. Don't really care about his opinion on it though, I'm the one that has done the research and know I prefer her rfing anyway. IT fits awesome center in the impala, and for the very first time I have used latch :)

hrice

Little Miss is officially rfing again :) Not sure how she will respond, and my husband is pretty annoyed about it, and all he can talk about is she is gonna get carsick and her legs won't fit. Don't really care about his opinion on it though, I'm the one that has done the research and know I prefer her rfing anyway. IT fits awesome center in the impala, and for the very first time I have used latch :)

You need to update your siggy. ;)

That is awesome that you turned her back RF! She is so much safer now. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC