Need Help Picking Britax For Very Tall 4-Year-Old

U

Unregistered

I would love some advice for picking a new carseat for my son, who is off the charts on height, weighing in at 49.5 lbs and almost 47 inches tall. He has used a booster seat on trips and doesn't seem to be physically ready yet to handle just having a seatbelt, since he just flopped around quite a bit whenever he rode. So, I'd like to get a seat with a 5-point harness that can convert to a booster later. Is that a good idea? I've been looking at getting the Britax Pinnacle 90 to accomodate his height, but when I just went to purchase on Amazon, I saw that there is now a new Pinnacle called Britax Pinnacle G1.1 ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat, which is significantly more expensive. Can someone help elucidate which one I should choose and what the difference is with this new one? Also should I consider the Frontier instead of the Pinnacle?

I really appreciate your help!

ADS

DogznKatz

How old is your DS? The Britax Pinnacles and Frontiers are nice seats and would be a good choice for an off the charts child. They have the highest harness strap heights and make good highback boosters. They are big seats, but if you have a big kid, it will last him. http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/child-boosters/search-by-brand?brand=Britax

When using the harness, at his size you will need to use the seatbelt and top tether to install the seat. Clicktight is a feature that makes this a snap IMO.

Cnidaria

The OP said her child is 4 (in the post title)

Just so you're aware, in case you aren't: the Frontier and the Pinnacle are the same seat, except that the Pinnacle has extra side-impact cushions on the outsides of the seat (making it wide).

The Frontier/Pinnacle and Evenflo SureRide have the tallest harnesses on the market, and are about tied. Either of them would be a good choice. The SureRide is a convertible seat and doesn't turn into a booster, but it + a dedicated high back booster may end up costing the same as a Frontier or Pinnacle.

Dillipop

G1.1 for both pinnacle and frontier means that it has the updated booster belt path that works better for the majority I kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC