Need a new carseat soon

U

Username

I would love some help figuring out which car seat to buy. I need to order one this week. We only have a Kmart and Walmart here and a BRU is hours away so I need to buy one online. So I cant try them out.

I have an 18 month old who is currently approximately 23 pounds and a tad under 32 inches. Sitting, his butt to shoulder is 11" and his butt to top of head is 18 1/2" He is currently RF in a Graco Snugride 35. I think he still has room above his head ( I've been on modified bedrest for the past month so haven't taken him anywhere), but I noticed online it has a maximum height of 32 inches for height. I was going to get him a new one soon anyway because I'm pregnant and want to use this one for the new baby in August.

When my 8 year old was this age we had him in a Britax Marathon from about 7 months (he was a big baby) until the seat expired (so he was about 6 1/2?) but looking back he might have been over the height on that one at that age. We loved that seat. At 18mths my now 8 year old was the same height as this one.

I'm scared to buy another marathon cause I fear that it won't last a long time and I really need a seat that will preferably last until it expires. I'd really like something soft and cushy and easy to install and use like the marathon.

Also, we have a 2003 chevy venture van. I has three seats in the middle. Right now my 8 year old is on the left side in a Monterey booster, and the 18mth old on the right side in his snugride. Not sure how to arrange the seats. I need to keep one side open so people can get to the back seat so that leaves the snugride on the right side where it is and the new seat in the middle? I'd need a seat that will fit next to the snugride.

Thanks!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC