Narrow high back booster that is good for 3 across?

jjordan

Trying to get 3 across in a 2012 Kia Sorento... Currently they have a backless Graco booster, and it looks like that's going to be a buckling challenge regardless of what other seats are used. Ideas on a different booster? Child wants highback for the extra head support during long trips.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I want to say the harmony folding booster is narrow-ish? And maybe the Recaro, though I'm not sure.

Maxi-Cosi RodiFix (??) is great without its armrests, but it's also quite pricey.

jjordan

Thanks for the suggestions. Would it be easier to find a backless that would work? Right now they have a backless Graco and it's very boxy, and I think it is going to be a sticking point in their 3 across. (The boostered child will be 7 by the time they need 3 across, so re-harnessing is not really an option that they're considering.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm also a fan of the Cosco Ambassador/High Rise for a narrow situation, it's very narrow at the back, has a decent space to reach the buckle, but flares out a little more at the front for leg support for older kids. It's probably harder to find than the Harmony or Top Side, but sometimes walmart has them, and they are like $12 online for some cover colors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC