Narrow booster to fit middle seat

kestrel

hi
i need some more space in my back seat for a 3rd person.
I currently have Parkway driver side and HB Turbobooster in the center.
Would Evenflo AMP or Harmony literider give more room than the TB?
It can be low back, since it's center and for my 8 year old. I have a 2004 CRV and it has headrest in the middle seat.
Right now a very skinny adult can seat next to the TB, but still tricky to buckle.
Whoever designed the Honda back seat made the passenger seatbelt stalk overlap the belt in the middle, and it always dives into the silly grove underneath (there's huge space for tucking in the seatbelt stalk, go figure why ..)
The parkway is very tippy in the center, and moving it to the passenger side makes it extremely difficult to buckle ..

Thanks!

ADS

kater-tot82

Amp probably will not give more room, it is pretty wide.

The Harmony Lite Rider (I think it is called the Youth Booster or something now, but its the same seat) may be better or the Cosco Topside is supposed to be pretty narrow...and they are both pretty cheap. The Topside is on sale at K Mart this week for around $9.

Jillybeans5

The TB is pretty narrow at 16", the amp is 15.5" but also has tall ARM rests. The literider is a smidge wider than the TB at the armrest, but its armrests are low and flared. The tipsider is a little narrower than the literider and also has low armrests. If I were you that is what I would try first. The topsider has a different belt route than other backless boosters so be sure to read all the labels, the shoulder portion of the belt goes over the arm rest instead of under with the lap portion like other boosters.

kestrel

are the tall armrests really a problem? Seems to me the TB armrests do not get in the way, but rather the back portion of the seat, which takes up about 1'' more than the ridiculous small width of the middle seat.
I'm just thinking maybe the low armrests of the literider would be worse than the tall ones of the AMP.
Going to look at the Topsider..
I'll have to order online probably, since I have here only Walmart and Target and neither has these boosters in stock.

kater-tot82

Maybe the taller Amp armrests would help in that situation...worth a try maybe :). Or the Topsider may be your best bet. I hope you can find one online to try.

kestrel

right now it's easy to buckle the TB with the Parkway next to it because the tall armrests give enough room even for an adult to slide the hand between the seats and buckle (the female part for the center seat and the passenger side are on the same side.
I'm afraid low armrests would make it harder to buckle on both sides, even if it's an inch narrower.
I'll try to see if I can order both from Walmart and return (hopefully just one ..) at the store

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC