MyRide with surround side protection

Colorwitwords

I just installed our new myride in the car (in the parking lot of the store lol). My DD is on the second harness slot but the head support needs to be in the top (5th) slot to not be under her shoulders. On the way home I was reading the manual more thoroughly and saw that the head support has to be in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th slot. It can't be in the 5th. And it has to be used to rear face. So what do I do?? I'm going to call graco tomorrow to clarify. I do not want to turn my 18 month old! But I also don't want to return another seat :( we were rear ended Friday do I had to ditch her TFP and got an alpha elite, which we tried and promptly returned for the myride.

I saw on another site where graco had her send them the seat and she had to get a new one! :(

I'm going to try to attach a picture of her in the seat. Never mind, can't figure it out on my phone!

ADS

Colorwitwords

I got off the phone with Graco earlier today. They said that the head pillow must be used rear facing and that it can not be used in the 5th slot because it interferes with the side protection of the car seat. Her suggestion was to put it loosely in the 4th slot and lift it up to rest on her shoulders. Or I can send it back to them and they'll refund me since it won't work for my daughter.

My concerns now:
1. Loosely putting the head support on doesn't seem safe.
2. I imagine it to be a pain to lift it up on her shoulders every time I put her in it.
3. She still has, at minimum, 6 months rear facing during which I hope she continues to grow! I hate to find a "fix" now only for 4 months from now have it not working anymore.

Looks like I'm sending it back! My daughter is only 18 months and 27 lbs and can't fit in their seat rear facing!! It must be a very short chubby baby to fit up to 40 lbs :(

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
There has to be a way. Is there any way for you to post a pic? I hope we can help you out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Colorwitwords

The manual says centered around the head. I'm sure because that baby is so little it goes behind her!

We found an older version myride at baby depot and got it. Just going to send this one back.

Pixels

If she is on the second slot then her shoulders should be no higher than the third slots. How can it need to be on the fifth slots to not be under her shoulders?

Colorwitwords

Her shoulders are nearly to the third. They're possibly level with the 3rd but I felt better putting it in the 2nd.

Ps: my replies are having to wait for moderation, sorry! :(

Colorwitwords

Sorry, I can't edit my previous post since I can't see it yet, I wanted to add that now with it in the 5th slot, the pillow totally covers the 4th slot and stops right above the 3rd slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC