MyRide on a plane?

T4K

We have flown with the radian. It was ok. It stunk to have to take the AA and the boot separately and there was some major slumpage on the plane when sleeping.

I have a MyRide and she sleeps beautifully in it FFing. Can I take this on a plane easily? It's definitely more lightweight than the Radian so I would have no issue lifting it above the seats to take it down the aisle. The only true con would be not being able to use the tray table. Something I'm willing to live without provided it installs on a plane.

Sooooo...anyone live to tell the tale of a MyRide on a plane?

ADS

ngs215

I was on a USAir flight where they refused to let the parents use it on board, claiming it wouldn't fit. But since the parents didn't actually try, I can't say for sure.

Ozella21

I placed it on top of the double stroller we had with us. We had a Foonf with us that was using the luggage cart and both kids nicely strapped into the stroller for maximum containment.

T4K

Any more input or possibly a picture? I'm afraid of the sides flaring out.

Any minor annoyance while traveling sets DH into a tizzy. :rolleyes: So, I like to prepare him for this stuff. Haha.

hertweck

View attachment 23272

This is not a great picture, but this my daughter in her MyRide two years ago on the plane. The only thing I'll say is make sure you use the seat belt extender. My hand got tore to bits trying to undo the seatbelt.

I had extra hands so we just carried it through the airport.

T4K

This is not a great picture, but this my daughter in her MyRide two years ago on the plane. The only thing I'll say is make sure you use the seat belt extender. My hand got tore to bits trying to undo the seatbelt. I had extra hands so we just carried it through the airport.

It's saying invalid attachment. Thanks for the tip on the extender. Did the sides flare out a bunch? Or were you still comfortable?

T4K

They do flare out some, but my shoulder slid right in behind the flare and I was good.

Ok awesome! I'll probably sit by her and I'll let DH take the aisle seat so he won't be uncomfortable since he is quite a bit bigger than me.

Ozella21

Of you look up my thread Foonf in a plane it has a pic of the myride right next to the Foonf. The my ride fit really easily between the armrests on the plan because of that high base. I can not remember if it can be seen well or not.

Persimmon

We used one of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Star-Kids-Snack-Play-Travel/dp/B000KJBFC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383079040&sr=8-1&keywords=Child+Car+Seat+Lap+Tray"]these[/ame] for a tray table when we flew with our Foonf and couldn't use the airplane tray table. It sat up too high to rest on his lap so we folded a sweater underneath it. You could see how it fits before you get on the plane. I like the edges so things didn't roll off. Hawaii is a long flight to not have a tray.

T4K

We used one of Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Kids-Snack-Play-Travel/dp/B000KJBFC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383079040&sr=8-1&keywords=Child+Car+Seat+Lap+Tray for a tray table when we flew with our Foonf and couldn't use the airplane tray table. It sat up too high to rest on his lap so we folded a sweater underneath it. You could see how it fits before you get on the plane. I like the edges so things didn't roll off. Hawaii is a long flight to not have a tray.

That's awesome! Did it pack small?

Persimmon

That's awesome! Did it pack small?

I was flying with the Foonf, the RF wedge and the anti RB bar, so small is relative. :p I just folded it up and stuck it somewhere--I can't remember where. Sorry. I want to say I put it in the backpack with the wedge and ARB. It is foam so it can be squished.

I am not sure if you are already planning on doing this but my DH is the same way when we fly. I early board and have him board with DS along with everyone else. That way I can get the seat installed and everything stowed before he gets there with DS.

T4K

So bumping this thread....

Do you think the MyRide would fit in a bulkhead seat without immovable armrests? Forward facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC