MyRide 65 RF in a '01 Golf; check my work?

tadc

Greetings all - I am preparing to move our 10 MO from our Keyfit 30 to MyRide 65. I just attempted install for the first time and I'd like you to critique my work.

It seemed to go okay - I needed a towel (as expected) to get the ball into the green zone.

The only concerns I have are related to the belt:

• I don't need to use the belt clip as long as I pull the belt all the way out to put it into "constrictor" mode?
  • Is the seatbelt placed correctly in relation to the LATCH straps?
  • I'm a little concerned about the way the shoulder belt doesn't lay flat against the shell (if you zoom in you'll see it has a good curve to it). Should this be flipped over?

Also, it could be my imagination but it seems like the seat might not be level left-to-right (i.e. it might be leaning a bit to the drivers side). Is this okay? The edge of the seat base is right in line with the gap between cushions for the 60/40 split of the seat cushion, and so maybe it's sinking a little on that side? Or maybe I overdid it when leaning on the seat to tighten the belt?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• Portland-20121209-00001.jpg
    Portland-20121209-00001.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 61
ADS

creideamh

First, for rear-facing the grey feet should be flipped in.
Second, if you choose to use seatbelt, you do not need a locking clip if your belt retracts (constricts, as you were saying.)

Hope that helps some... all these rules can be confusing!!

ETA- sorry, thought you were using LATCH and seatbelt! Looked at the pic wrong!! :p The curve on the seatbelt is okay, and some tilting is alright as well (it doesn't look bad at all from the pic.)

ame0312

definitely flip the grey feet up & you shouldnt need the towel... if you do need it, it needs to be placed at the very back in the seat bight :)

tadc

Thanks for the replies. Rereading the instructions it says to flip the feet under the seat... so of course I took that literally and flipped them (from "in" to "out"!). Of course they also referred me to the figure, but I always have trouble making sense of pictograms.

It would have been more precise if they worded that a little differently.

I'll also replace the towel (if I need it at all). A pool noodle is also acceptable right?

Lastly, any comments on the question about leaning toward the drivers side?

Thanks!

ame0312

yes, poodle noodle is fine... it doesnt appear to be leaning that much to me... wont hurt anything :) if it bothers you, you can use a locking clip (H shaped metal piece on back of seat) instead of locking the seat belt... hth!

tadc

Thanks everyone for the replies. I flipped the feet and ditched the towel and I think I'm in good shape.

One more Q, am I allowed to let the carseat and front seatbacks touch?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC