Question My ride 65

mom2pjs

Senior Community Member
Am unfamiliar with this seat. I have a friend who is having a tough time installing it. Not sure what the Problem is. I am going to help her tomorrow so I'm looking over the manual. We will be rf a 2 yo 25ish pound little one in the mid row of a Kia van. There is latch. My question is the manual is quite emphatic about the level indicator being entirely in the green zone. But I'm assuming/ hoping that I can be more upright with a 2 yo as with all of the other seats I've installed? If you have any other tips i'm open, but it looks straight forward to me. Thanks.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
For installing, pull the cover off of the cupholder on the side of the LATCH adjuster, then tighten from within the belt path. Those cupholders are so wide-set that you can't get a good angle to pull the tail if you don't pull the cover back.

Second, get in the car behind the seat and push into the vehicle seat-back with your hips while you tighten. Mine rocked quite a bit in DH's car unless I did that.

The "green area" of the angle indicator gives you a range of correct. You can get ~30 degrees and it still be all green.

Pixels

There is a range of green zone, so you can have it upright-ish, but it must be entirely in the green. You must follow the manufacturer's instructions for every seat.

T4K

jess71903 said:
For installing, pull the cover off of the cupholder on the side of the LATCH adjuster, then tighten from within the belt path. Those cupholders are so wide-set that you can't get a good angle to pull the tail if you don't pull the cover back.

Second, get in the car behind the seat and push into the vehicle seat-back with your hips while you tighten. Mine rocked quite a bit in DH's car unless I did that.

The "green area" of the angle indicator gives you a range of correct. You can get ~30 degrees and it still be all green.

These are great tips.

mom2pjs

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much from the manual it looks like the green is a tiny blip so I was worried about it. Thanks for the install tips!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC