Maxi cosi cabriofix

finn

Does anyone know when this is outgrown height wise? Is it when the top of the head is inline with the shell or when they have an inch of shell above their heads?

Dd has got heaps of time left weight wise but is getting close to the top of the shell :( one of the downsides to having a baby that is in the 92nd% for height lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

newyorkDOC

Pretty sure it's the 1 inch rule. Mine is in storage or I'd look it up for you. We moved DD at 12m. She was 90% for height and was 9kg when we moved her over to the TWE.

mykidsmylife

When the head is even with the top of the shell.... ;)

The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is suitable for babies up to approximately 1 year of age. If the baby’s head protrudes past the shell, it is necessary to move to the next stage car seat that offers adequate protection....

finn

Pretty sure it's the 1 inch rule. Mine is in storage or I'd look it up for you. We moved DD at 12m. She was 90% for height and was 9kg when we moved her over to the TWE.

How did you find the TWE for your 1 year old? It just looks so open compared to the cabriofix. I have a Hi-Way (similar to a Two-way) that I will probably put her in first :)

When the head is even with the top of the shell.... ;)

The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is suitable for babies up to approximately 1 year of age. If the baby’s head protrudes past the shell, it is necessary to move to the next stage car seat that offers adequate protection....

Thank you, thank you, thank you :) I don't know why it didn't occur to me to read the manual lol

I loved my Cabrio Fix! My Big DS got to 18months in his! It was fantastic for Taxi rides.

I was living overseas at the time.

I :love: it too, it will be a sad day when dd grows out of it, it is so so so handy. She barely has an inch left in it so I doubt she'll get to 18 months in it :(

jubgulia

Do you measure the same way as American seats (a right angle to the seat back)? DS3 turns 2 in a week and has at least half an inch to go measured that way.

finn

jubgulia said:
Do you measure the same way as American seats (a right angle to the seat back)? DS3 turns 2 in a week and has at least half an inch to go measured that way.

Yeah i did :) dd is super tall, I'm hoping she slows down a bit as I'd like her to get through winter in it but its barely autumn here & I cant see her lasting another 6+ months :(

How tall is your ds? That might give me some idea on how much longer she has :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

newyorkDOC

I have no idea how to upload pics but she fell asleep in it on her first ride so I guess it was comfy.

Mind you, she went from being fine in the car to puking like the exorcist on the TWE. Lasted until she was 2.5...

At 1 she just made the weight minimum. She's only 50% for weight. In the US she rides in an Avenue which is slightly more enclosed and she says she prefers her TWE.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC