Question Love or hate: radian rxt (Moved from Shopping)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Re: Love or hate: radian rxt

It works well for me. I wish the harness pulled easier, but I wish that about most seats.

sparkle3116

I like my radian RXT. I don't love or hate it. It's a great seat for what it is.

I love the low profile, especially FF because kids can climb in/out so easily.

I love the high harness height and high rear-facing limit.

I love the narrowness.

I like that the RXT has the side impact wings. I still only like to use it in the center position because my car has poor side impact ratings..

I prefer my Boulevard because it has deeper sidewings, seems comfier, and is easier for me to install/uninstall, but I still use the RXT when I need the space and will definitely start using it full-time when my son outgrows the Boulevard RF'ing. I do hope to have a car with better safety ratings by the time I have a second child and need to move the radian outboard.

sparkle3116

It works well for me. I wish the harness pulled easier, but I wish that about most seats.

:yeahthatsad:

I have to pull on the harness from the back of the seat with one hand while pulling the tightening strap with the other to get it tight enough

V

VanIsleMommy

Overall I would say I love it. I love the low profile and the fact that it's narrow and allows kiddo to stay rear facing still. I also love that it can be tethered rear facing although that's not a deal breaker. I love the "pillows" on the side too, are they safer or not who knows? but they make great pillows for DS :)

The harness doesn't bother me much (in fact I like it because it prevents DH from making it too tight) although I could do without the pads forward facing. I dislike the feet on the boot because they don't play nicely with my vehicle seat (UAS that sticks out) but it still fits in 2 seating positions including middle which is pretty good.

bcrammond

I like ours, and I think I like it better the more I use it.
I also have grown to like ours much more once the angle adjuster was in places.

There is also no way we could do 3 across without at least one.

It is not always the simplest seat to install/use but once you figure out the tricks to tighten it more easily I think it was much better.

We have bought a second one too, so I guess I like it well enough to do that:)

mrosehughes

I like ours, but don't love it. I like the low profile, high weight limit, lots of leg room, and tall shell. I don't like the harness adjustment, how the headwings tend to slip down, and I'm not crazy about how finicky it is to install in some cars. The angle adjuster is a big improvement, especially since it can be super upright.

jacqui276

I love it. It installs like a dream in my car with a seatbelt (surprisingly, easiest install out of all of my car seats that I have owned), has high limits to help me RF my giant baby longer, fits great for 3-across scenarios, I have no issues tightening the harness, love the low profile so I don't hit DS's head on the car on the way in and out, like the colours, like that it tethers RFing, like the head wings even if there is no standard for SIP, like that I can brace it in my car so that I don't have to be tucked quite so close to the steering wheel since DS is too little for the AA, and I'm sure that I will enjoy the leg room as DS gets bigger.

The LATCH hits the side of the seat when I install the seat with it, making me a bit uneasy about it staying tight and the LATCH straps were a total pain for me to attach to their spot in the back of the seat for storage...that is my only huge complaint. I almost cut them off the seat because it took a lot of struggling to get them to attach to the plastic storage part and I am scared to ever remove them due to how hard it was to put them there. I also wish the belt path was a teeny bit bigger for those of us that don't have tiny hands to stick through there, but I suppose that that is a compromise you make having it sit so low.

HappyHoo

Both :p

I have the XTSL

Love - lasts my larger than avg DS a long time RF, low profile, can brace, the angle adjuster so it can fit better in my small car.

Hate - I have the latch issue from the older models so it comes loose on its own in DH's vehicle so I have to use a seatbelt there, how hard the harness is to tighten - I hope to not have to use my XTSL FF ever again although it's a waste of years of life on the seat, extra "rules" to have to remember with the safe stop.

careynj

I like it, but more importantly my niece who is 2 LOVES it. She hated her Marathon so the RXT has made for a much more quiet drive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC