Question Looking for suggestions on a convertible car seat

W

walletless

My Son will just turn 1 year old in a couple weeks, weighing 20 lbs (~26 inches tall - yes, he is on the smaller side :)). He is outgrowing our Snugride, which is rated to 22lbs max. Per the new guidelines, we plan to keep the kid RF for at least another one year.

We are looking for suggestions on a convertible car seat. My kid has acid reflux, so whatever car seat we get, we will likely want to upgrade to a newer one when he gets to booster age.. so this does not have to be our last seat anyway.

The ones I am considering are:
Evenflo Symphony 65 DLX ($190 at Amazon and Costco)
Britax Marathon 70-G3 ($210 at Amazon)
Graco My Ride 65 LX ($135 on Amazon) or DLX ($160 at Amazon)

Any suggestions for which one I should get?

ADS

Mary_Ann

I have a britax advocate, wich is really similar to the marathon, and i love it! It's really easy to install, with latch and seatbell because of the integrated lock-offs. I love that it does take little room front to back when rear facing and that it allows tethering. I also love the forward facing safety features like the safe cells and the versa tether. Not a deal breaker but i love the no-rethread harness, the easy to remove-wash-put back cover! My dd who is almost 5yo still fits in ff, she is at the 2nd to top slot. She's 41" and 40lbs (average size). She loves her seat and says it's really comfy!

walletless

Thanks Mary Ann. I have a 2012 Nissan Altima - will Advocate or Marathon fit in this car? We are looking to install it on one of the sides (not center)..

Mary_Ann

It fits rear-facing in my Toyota echo hatchback (pre yaris) and in the Toyota matrix of my boyfriend. We don't have the seats all way back since we are both 5'5! But it takes less room front to back than an infant carrier and your car is so roomier than my tiny car!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC