Leaving bucket for RF -- How do I choose?

sharik

Hi! Trying to plan a few pounds ahead of the game...my son will be needing a rear facing seat fairly soon (currently is in the Britax B Safe). I'd like to purchase a seat that goes beyond the 40 lb weight limit that many of the seats have. Also, I do not care about it being convertible into a booster (prefer to just get a booster when the time comes). Could someone please tell me how to make a decision about the various seats? Even just within the Britax line, I'm not sure how to decide. :eek: Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Shari

ADS

nataliem257

Hi Shari!

When you say 40 lb weight limit, do you mean harness limit or rear facing limit? If you mean 40 lbs rear facing, the only seats on the market that go beyond that are the Diono Radian 120 and RXT, the Peg convertible, and the Clek Foonf. All of the Britax convertibles only go to 40 lbs RF. if you meant you wanted a seat with more than a 40 lb harness limit, you have a lot more options :). Some stats on your baby would help, such as height, weight, age, and onsie/shirt size. Will make it easier to narrow down the choices.

ETA: I totally missed this was in the Canadian forum. Ignore everything I just said. One should not post half asleep reading in bed.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Can you share some details about your vehicle and your son's stats? Age, torso height (is he more legs or torso, or about even) and weight for him, and make/model/year on your vehicle. How does the B-Safe fit - enough room for the front seats? How long were you planning to rear-face for?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC