Lap belts on daycare bus :(

firemomof3

So, my ds is attending a 1/2 day daycare "camp" this summer. I went for the tour today and when I looked into the bus that they use for field trips I noticed lap belts :mad: So, I asked if they had any vests or harnesses and they said yes. When I asked what kind she said it sits on the seat and opens up and then there are straps that secure under the seat and on the back, and then the child is fitted into the 5 point harness. I have NO experience with any of these, does anyone know what she talking about? I am going on every field trip and can always install his GN with the lap belt but she didn't sound too sure of that :rolleyes: I'm very surprised that they would put lap belts at all because the bus's seats are tall and designed exactly like a regular bus.
What do you guys think?

ADS

AustinMusic

the bus's seats are tall and designed exactly like a regular bus.

When you say “designed exactly like a regular bus”, I assume you are referring to a school bus, rather than an inner city bus. If so, I believe they are referring to built-in child seats manufactured by companies such as Safeguard and C.E. White. There is good information on these types of seats at the following websites:

C.E.White CR11 Integrated Child Seat

Syntec M2K Integrated Child Seat

Safeguard Integrated Child Seat

As I understand it these seats have to meet FMVSS213 (or the similar standard – forgive me if that’s not correct; I may have forgotten the exact number) and when used correctly are very safe. Additionally - and I’m sure the experienced folk can fill you in on the statistics - school bus travel is much safer than car travel.

I hope this helps.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Or it could be like these where they add them to the seat.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK_at41k93s"]Securing a child in a SafeGuard STAR restraint - YouTube[/ame]

firemomof3

It is the kind that they need to add to the seat, its not integrated. I love the look of the Safeguard one, I really hope that is the one they have

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC