Jogging stroller help please...

Alright, we have a selection of strollers for my little sister...a Mutsy, a Baby Trend Expedition jogger and a Graco Ipo...

The Jogger is used at the beach and after only about 3 months of use is sort of rusted and will not close... It was never left outside but one day after walking by the beach my mom couldn't get it closed and so it's been thrown in the trunk of the truck fully opened up for a few months. I told her that was crap and to take it to BRU where she bought it but they wouldn't do anything.
We did have the nicer model too- not the $99 one...it's got all the bells and whistles and they paid close to $200 for it.

Well... I was going to call Baby Trend for her but then my step grandmother took it upon herself (wasteful as she is) to just buy a new jogger for Christmas and told them to throw the Expedition out... She bought a Jeep lower end model made by Kolcraft. She paid $175 for it and I just feel like that's a lot of money for Kolcraft...

I told my mom she won't like it as I've used it in the past and didn't like it. I am hoping they haven't taken it out of the box yet and I'm going to try to talk them into getting something else for a beach stroller. To me- the Jeep jogger with the steering wheel thing is like a mall stroller...not exactly all terrain.

I found this one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3792667

What do you guys think? I haven't much experience with the Schwinn joggers but surely it's better than a branded overpriced mall jogger. I just don't think the Jeep is what they need.... We spent a lot on her primary stroller but for something for the beach that will be parked outside restaurants, surf shops and so on we don't want or need a BOB or something else we'll have to stress about being stolen etc. We're no joggers- it isn't going to be used for running...just for the beach. I guess we're looking to keep the purchase at just under $200.

Thanks for any input good or bad... fill me in on these two strollers.

Also- if you think it's worth contacting Baby Trend let me know...has anyone had experience with replacements good or bad in the past? any advice?

ADS

AlishaNC82

If you are planning on using it on the beach I would really recommend getting a Valco or Bob. I lived in HI for four years. I had a Valco and quite a few friends had Bobs. I usually left it outside of the house and we lived right on the water and didn't have any problems with rusting. If you buy one used on CL you are probably going to get it for a better price than the one you linked and then you won't have to worry about it being stolen. The lower end strollers rust because of the multiple types of metal used in the framework.

ks1978

We have the double of this, in another color (My SIL and I bought a used one for when we are watching each other's kiddo) and it steers like a dream. BUT (and I think this is a major one) if you loook at the picture and see how the seat is, that is about fully upright. They sit back so far and even if you adjust the back, look at how the leg area comes up, they are always going to be in a REALLY reclined position. Other than that, steers great, and has a nice large canopy.

SavsMom

I live down in Palm Beach Gardens Florida (northern West Palm Beach area) - my Target has a Bob Revolution single on clearance (online return) for just over $200 - don't know if you get down to the area ever but I would be glad to check and see if it is still there (it was on Saturday) - for that price you can't go wrong on a Bob!

lovinwaves

I think you are going to run into the same problem with the one you linked as your previous stroller that quit working.

The conditions you are going to be putting the stroller under are intense, and that is where spending the money on a higher quality stroller will actually be taking less out of your pocket than continuing to buy lower priced strollers not suitable for the conditions you need to push it in.

Look at this way...They have already spent $375 on TWO strollers. They could have gotten a used BOB, Baby Jogger, or Valco for less than that, and have a good working, usable stroller in their car right now.

The difference that matters for them using it on the beach is that on a BOB the bearings are sealed. This keeps the salt, sand, and other environmental factors out of the mechanics and workings of the stroller.

The BOB also comes with a 5 year warranty.

Thanks for all of the responses... I was worried also that unless we go higher end that they'll all be made of the same materials and rust.

Well my little sis has been sick again and we've been at the doctor twice this week so this is on the back burner for a few days but my mom did mention that she has no intention to keep the Jeep stroller (still in the box)... That's a step in the right direction at least.

If this were for my child I would use this as an excuse to buy a nice pink Bob :whistle: but we'll see... I think that they just find it wasteful to spend as much on a strictly outdoors stroller. They spent a ton on her primary stroller and even bought two bassinets and two toddler seats because my mom couldn't decide between pink or green...she also bought a "fun seat" for the stroller that was never taken out of the box :eek: needless to say we only used the pink bassinet for 3 or 4 months and now have only ever used the pink toddler seat. I say we sell the Mutsy accessories and buy a Bob :whistle: I say we get rid of the damn Mutsy all together as we only use the umbrella now anyways...oh well.

Thanks again everyone...I searched my local Craigslist but none right now. I'll keep looking.

To the lady in Palm Beach...thank you so much for your thought and if I convince my mom to go Bob and it's still there that may be worth the drive!

Ok, so I talked strollers with my mom tonight and the plan is as follows... She has accepted that a Bob or similar is the way to go and I suggested that since it will be used only on the beach that we keep a look out for one used (which also takes away the :eek: price factor) She's fine with the whole used thing if it's clean...we just won't tell my stepdad :whistle:

She told my grandmother that we'd like to return the Jeep stroller :love: and asked if she'd mind us putting the money towards a nice lighter weight stroller. I was going to get one just for my car not realizing that my mom also wanted something not as big as the Mutsy and a little "more" than the Ipo. Neither are well suited for long days at Disney for various reasons. My mom quite honestly stinks at stroller shopping so I talked her into a P3- (although not my favorite, it is exactly what she wants and ideal for the intended purpose) so we're putting the money from the returned Jeep jogger towards a Pliko.

My mom loves the "Revi Black" and I must say, it is quite nice :eek: I found it for $208....I'm thinking that's a good price for it but chime in if you've seen better!

Thanks for all the help everyone...I posted an add on Craigslist looking for a Bob or Baby Jogger City Elite...any others that we can consider to up our chances of finding a decent used beach stroller soon?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC