jacket recommendations for car seats

U

Unregistered

I'm looking for a jacket for my almost 4yo daughter that she can wear in her car seat, yet that will still be as warm as possible and also waterproof/windbreaking and have a hood. I don't want to mess with her having to get into a cold car and then putting something over her- we are doing that now and it's a pain- I really want something she can wear in the car seat under the straps, so I know it has to be very thin.

I am wondering if the Land's End waterproof squall jacket would work for this. http://www.landsend.com/products/girls-squall-waterproof-jacket/id_243140
She's 30 lb and in a Britax Roundabout if that matters.

I also need one for my large 1-year-old son who wears a size 24 month.

Does anyone have one that they have purchased and recommend? I've been lucky so far to find thin, fleece-lined waterproof jackets used, but I don't have one for her and I need to buy one new this time.

Also, am I correct that this is not an issue for bigger kids who are in boosters or sitting in the regular seat? I have two bigger kids as well and they both have fleece-lined waterproof jackets but I'm just wondering if it's okay for, for example, my 7yo in a Britax Parkway, to ride with a thicker coat or if they need to be thin as well.

ADS

Lenae

I love the North Face Moondoggy jackets. If you do a search for Moondoggy on here, you'll find several threads about them, and perhaps even pictures.

clmchrissy

After reading a post on here this fall, I purchased the Gap kids prima loft jacket for my 3yo dd and it has worked great in her car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC