Is this okay to do in a booster?

Athena

Is the Oobr recline only for sleeping or can it be used (just one click reclined) to increase comfort?

Is it okay to cross legs in booster if it doesn't affect belt fit?

Is it okay if the shoulder belt is a bit closer to neck than outside of shoulder?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
ADS

Jeni-GAcpst

I'm not familiar with the oobr manual. My guess is the recline is fine, but you'd have to read to see if there are any restrictions. I'll take a look if I get a chance to find an online manual.

Crossed legs are fine if the lap belt stays low on the hips.

Shoulder belt near the neck is fine as long as its not uncomfortable. Uncomfortable is a safety concern only if the child is tempted to squirm or move the belt out of place.

Jeni-GAcpst

Looks like as long as the oobr head rest remains in contact with the vehicle seat, recline is fine.

Be sure to check the seat belt fit after any adjustments.

The manual says the vehicle seat needs to remain in an upright position (Manual page 18 ). In full back mode, the base does not need to touch the back of the vehicle seat but the headrest must always touch (manual pages 22-24).

http://clekinc.com/pdfs/oobr_Owners_Manual_US_EN.pdf

Athena

Thank you! (currently out of rep, but will give you some tomorrow:)) That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. On the other hand, due to the lack of depth, I already feel like she's going to fall out of the seat, so maybe reclining it isn't going to make me feel better. I'm going to start another thread to check the fit (with pics) because I'm not feeling 100% sure about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC