Is the Chart Air 65 built on the same shell as the Guide 65?

U

Unregistered

Just curious. I am trying to decide between the Roundabout 55 and the AirProtect seats. I wasn't really seduced by the Air pillow marketing. I think the RA is just as safe, I just like the high harness height of the seat. The Complete Air 65 barely fit in my car, even with the seat all the way up, so I am thinking about the Chart Air. The RA fit in my car amazingly well. I was shocked.

ADS

Jessica61624

The chart air is likely going to take up as much room as the complete air. If I had to choose between the roundabout and chart air I'd go for the ra.

U

Unregistered

another question- would the Onside Air last as long RF as the RA? I saw in your data spreadsheets that they have the same shell height, and only one inch difference in the top harness height, both with a 40lb limit. Maybe I could use it for a RF only seat, then buy a combo seat for FF?

Celeste

another question- would the Onside Air last as long RF as the RA? I saw in your data spreadsheets that they have the same shell height, and only one inch difference in the top harness height, both with a 40lb limit. Maybe I could use it for a RF only seat, then buy a combo seat for FF?

We have a safety first ONSIDE air carseat from 2011. We used it when DD outgrew her bucket and I needed a super narrow RF seat but wasnt ready to commit to a radian.

It lasted her until about age 2 RFing but she is very small. She did not exceed the harness height - but she just stopped fitting comfortably. It is a very upright seat and that left little room for her legs.

We transitioned it to a spare seat and purchased radians.

She is now an average 3 year old and we have just forward faced her in that seat for travel. It's still has plenty of harness room FF but its getting very narrow for her shoulders.

We expect to pass it on to our new niece soon as a spare seat and get a SureRide for travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC