Is it possible?

U

Unregistered

So we just found out that we are 12 weeks along with a surprise baby #3 (a big surprise since I had a tubal 1.5 years ago) I drive a 2011 Hyundai Elantra and we currently have DS age 6 in a Nautilus, and DD age 18 months RF in a Britax Advocate. Is there even a chance that ill be able to fit three car seats in my little car or should I be looking into something bigger? I'd like to have the convenience of an infant seat at first.

ADS

Dillipop

I had 3 across in a 2005 elantra for years and the 2005 is smaller than the 2011. It is definitely doable though super tight. I had really good luck with a combi shuttle in the center with a radian ffing outboard and a booster on the other side. Finding a booster to work will likely be the toughest part. The shuttle is an infant seat and should last an average child to 1.5 or 2.

ETA, the radian works well rfing in the elantra as well with an angle adjuster. Not sure the best way to try to puzzle them though.

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I was starting to think id have to get a mini van. I know it would be easier but I love my little car. I will definitely look into the radian and the shuttle. DS is still harnessed in his nautilus, any suggestions for a thin HWH?

henrietta

Wow!!! You are totally freaking some of us out, you know!?!? LOL :eek:

Congratulations!!!

My mother in law has a '11 (or '12) Elantra. I think it's possible with the right seats, but it's tough dealing with a 3 across day to day...we did it for 6 months and it was not a lot of fun. Although, loads of people do it and survive!!

I think the toughest part may be if you like having a big stroller (you'll have 2 that need in it sometimes) unless you are okay with always and only babywearing the little one. ;)

I love the Elantra, too. Might be one of my favorite cars to drive. I love driving my mother in laws. It's fun!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC