Question Install Question for Three Across

Kcrzn89

I currently drive a 1999 Toyota Avalon XLS. I have 3 kids all who need to be in carseats. Their ages are 3 months, 3 years, and 4 years. I have forgotten torso measurements and can update with them later. Anyways, my issue is we got in a wreck recently and all 3 of the seats had to be replaced. I could not afford it so my mom went out and bought 2 Graco TurboBoosters. I think they are okay, but my kids are still too young to be in them. I put my three year old my grandmother's Cosco Scerenca FF and my 4 year old is still in the TurboBooster. My baby is in a Maxi Cosi Mico that expires next year. Since we don't have the income to get proper new seats for all 3 kids, we signed up to receive some through a grant and to be installed by a professional CPST. They said more then likely they will put the kids into 2 EF Maestros and a EF Embrace. A local friend of mine is selling her MyRide65 to get a Radian and it still has 4 years left on it. I told her I would buy or trade for it since she only wants $50 and it is a safe seat. Would the MR65 and the 2 Maestros puzzle well? I really don't want to put my baby in another infant carrier when she will eventually outgrow it. There is the romote possibility that they may give us covertible seats that can RF which is what I am hoping because I really want all 3 RF-ing but since they are free seats I don't get a choice if they don't have RF seats available for the older kids. I think the RF choice is the Titan which is what we had before the accident. Anyways, after all that I just need to know if the MR65 and the 2 Masteros will puzzle if that's what we end up with?

Thanks for any help/advice we can get.

ADS

Brianna

I hope everybody is okay from the crash!

You're correct, 3 is always too young for a booster and 4 is the bare minimum. I'm glad you were able to get a Scenera for the 3 year old!

I found this thread, and a Maestro and MyRide don't puzzle with each other at all, it's a very wide combination and most likely wouldn't work for your situation http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=184435 I think a Safety 1st Guide 65 may be your best bet for the baby with 2 Maestros.

Kcrzn89

Thanks! I still plan to get her MR65 for a spare seat, but I was really hoping. Do you know if 3 titans would puzzle well?

I hope everybody is okay from the crash!

You're correct, 3 is always too young for a booster and 4 is the bare minimum. I'm glad you were able to get a Scenera for the 3 year old!

I found this thread, and a Maestro and MyRide don't puzzle with each other at all, it's a very wide combination and most likely wouldn't work for your situation http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=184435 I think a Safety 1st Guide 65 may be your best bet for the baby with 2 Maestros.

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Because those Titans are wider across the bottom wings of the seat, they would not puzzle well in your car I don't think...

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Because those Titans are wider across the bottom wings of the seat, they would not puzzle well in your car I don't think...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC